Applying DiamondBrite stage 1&2 - any tips?

Mike Austin

I take delivery of a new metallic blue Fabia tomorrow and will be applying DiamonBrite from, er, scratch. Any tips here? It mentions application of Stage 1 with cloth or spray. What is best? Are there areas to avoid - black trim etc? Should I treat the alloys?

The car needs to be spotless first. I washed, rinsed & dried & then applied a paint work cleaner (some people use clay bars with good results) before applying Diamondbrite. If you're going to apply straight away then there is no need to do this.

I actually applied Stage 1 with a square edged sponge to avoid catching the plastic trim. Leave it to haze for about 15 mins. Then apply Stage 2 with a micro fibre cloth. Leave this to dry for a further 30 mins & buff up with another micro fibre cloth.

If you have the conserver, use this once a month after washing to protect the Diamondbrite. Just add a small amount to a bucket of water & wash then rinse off as normal.

I also add a layer of wax (Meguiars Quick Wax) on top for extra protection!

This pic was taken after Diamondbrite & Meguiars Quick Wax was applied.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/JONTDI/Skoda%20Fabia%20vRS/ShinyRr_Close_up.jpg

Really brings up the metallic flakes in the Black Magic paint!

• 18 years later...