CHANGING BATTERY FUSE BOX

I NEED TO CHANGE THE BATTERY FUSE BOX [COMMON OVERHEATING PROBLEM!!!]I PLAN TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY NEGATIVE BEFORE DISCONNECTING THE RELEVANT CABLES.WILL I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE ELECTRONICS ON RECONNECTING?

It is not the fuse box that is the weak point, it is the alternator cable /crimp that is the weak point. That starts to get poor current flow due to the cable building up resistance. This resistance prevents current passing through the alternator to battery terminals and the heat builds up between cable and crimp, this is what ends up melting the fuse box. Replacing cable is a must.

I did a DIY guide here in techi section covering a simple fix rather than replace whole cable:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/220346-battery-issues-fuse-box-melting/

and yes no problem disconneting battery as stated

Would of fixed mine but it was fried lol

Yep caught mine after it was too late too.

Lucky I was visiting OET for some parts and he had a spare fuse box else I would of been stuffed getting home (2 hour trip) :'(

drove home a hell of a lot slower and did cable fix next day