Hello

John-

Hey everyone,

Having previously owned a golf mk4 1.4 I arrived at the time where I wanted a diesel. Looking around I liked the idea of the fabia vrs, so bought one. Very impressed with the car so far. Of course it's missing a few little things I took for granted on the golf, but the pull in 2nd gear alone makes up for this!

A few things in my too do list are giving the cals a lick of green (any paint recommendations?) and anyone know of a good stereo with green illumination to match the dash? Potentially Cupra r splitter too.

Thanks!

The caliper original caliper paint is like gold dust! However there are some very simular shades you can get. If you use the search there are some threads about it. :thumbup:

LCR splitter is also on my list if things to do too... :)

I have a green sony headunit. Cant remeber the exact model, ill look when i grt back from work :)

Ilmor

Welcome to the site mate.

Hammerite smooth green is a good match, but it's discontinued so hard to come across.

I'd advise perhaps taking your car to a motor paint shop and asking for a heat resistant paint that matches your calipers.

Cheers guys, yeah I dont care if it's not the exact colour - I doubt people will comment that the green used isn't the same stuff that's used in the factory, if you could link me to some stuff to get an idea that would be super!

Welcome

Front Splitter looks good IMO - most Seat dealers will have one or can order in a few days - part no (if I remember) is 1ML805903

mine cost about £35 about a year ago. Loads of fitting guides on here. Not hard but a bit fiddly.

I would also recommend a Rear Anti Roll Bar (Whiteline or Jabba depending on your budget). Again pretty easy to fit and gives the car a bit more stability in the corners.

Hope you enjoy your new motor

Sound thanks for your help. On another note I've been averaging 46 mpg, which is lower than I'm hoping for. I've been going steady and only poking it occasionally as its hard to resist. Does cruise control have a positive or negative effect on mpg, should I use premium diesel and is cold weather taking my mpg a bit lower?