Electric Windows

David W

Hi all - My father has a 2007 Fabia II and since last week both the driver & front passenger electric windows have ceased to operate. Given each is protected by its own 25A fuse I was not surprised when both fuses were intact and not blown, I figured the problem must lie further up the system. However having examined the fuse list there was only one other fuse I felt could be involved, that being one that operated "rear mirror & power windows" rated at 7.5A (no.11 on the fuse list} but that fuse is also intact!

Has anyone else incurred this problem and/or any ideas as to the problem?

Many thanks

Hi all - My father has a 2007 Fabia II and since last week both the driver & front passenger electric windows have ceased to operate. Given each is protected by its own 25A fuse I was not surprised when both fuses were intact and not blown, I figured the problem must lie further up the system. However having examined the fuse list there was only one other fuse I felt could be involved, that being one that operated "rear mirror & power windows" rated at 7.5A (no.11 on the fuse list} but that fuse is also intact!

Has anyone else incurred this problem and/or any ideas as to the problem?

Many thanks

Our 2008 model 1.2 HTP has just started the same problem, only one day they work another day they dont. There seems to be no logic as to why this happens its going to the dealer in a couple of weeks for service so I hope they can fix it as the warranty runs out shortly. Be interested if you find a solution.

Many thanks for the responses, would appear to be a not uncommon problem.

Barrheadred:In answer to your question the passender window does not work on the switch on that side either!

i experienced this witrh my octy afrter i forgot to pull up window on driver side and switches get wet. whole switches instrument cost at skoda 34 quid + vat and all ok again