Superb 2009 TDI Surge

Hi,

I am from New Zealand and have a Skoda Superb 2009 103kw TDI. I am having a slight problem with the engine surging sometimes when going up a hill, it happens when the engine is warm and normally on a long incline. The dealer cant find any fault codes. I am sure I read somewhere that this is a known problem and can be fixed with a remap, eg Shark, Any info would be great.

Thanks

Hi,

I am from New Zealand and have a Skoda Superb 2009 103kw TDI. I am having a slight problem with the engine surging sometimes when going up a hill, it happens when the engine is warm and normally on a long incline. The dealer cant find any fault codes. I am sure I read somewhere that this is a known problem and can be fixed with a remap, eg Shark, Any info would be great.

Thanks

Is it DSG and is it changing down a gear hence a rise in revs?

Is it DSG and is it changing down a gear hence a rise in revs?

It's probably better described as a stutter, the revs drop, slightly for a short time , like it's loosing power, it goes thru a few cycles of this normally on a incline . Yes it is a dsg

It's probably better described as a stutter, the revs drop, slightly for a short time , like it's loosing power, it goes thru a few cycles of this normally on a incline . Yes it is a dsg

Only when going uphill?

Do you have hill hold fitted...could it be anything to do with that, or something else with the ABS going slightly haywire. Can you determine whether it's the engine losing power or just being slowed by errant braking action.

Sounds like you need to fit a data logger so you and your garage can see what it's been doing afterwards. I guess it's possible for something to malfunction and not cause any fault codes if the ECU does not recognise it as a fault?

It seems to be the classic DPF Diff Pressure sensor problem.My turbo was surging a lot but the dealer couldn't find any fault code.This was the problem in my case.

What were your symptoms?

It only happend when the engine was warm and only at constant rpm.A good way to check if this is the problem is to turn off the engine after these things happen and check if the cooling fan is still operating.Also,if the idle rpm is 1000 then it's another sympthom for this faulty sensor.

• 1 month later...

The car has had the turbo replaced as directed by skoda, but didnt fix! Then the found that one of the injectors was leaking , changed all injectors and the car still has a problem.

The problem is getting worse now , happening more often. Told them about the DPF Diff sensor, skoda told them to replace turbo. They replaced injectors when the noticed the oil level rising from fuel injectors leaking!