Caught 'parking' denter..

Mr Ree

Filling the Fabia up at mu local Shell garage this week just 5 minutes after taxing it and getting it back on the road for the first time in 4 months, and had to pull up alongside a scabby Transit at the pumps.

Filled up, walked back, and Mr Transit driver had obviously just got into his van as he was sitting there in the process of starting up for a quick departure.

I immediately noticed a white mark on the rear n/s door of the Fabia, strode over to it, and there with the white paint was a small dent, just behind the door handle.

Wrapped my knickles on his window and asked him to open his door to see if the edge of it matched up to it. He did, and it did. :wonder:

He casually gets out and told me that he "hardly felt anything", and starts rubbing the mark with a spat on wet finger, claiming that it was only a "small dent". :no:

I agreed with that, but told him that it wasn't a small dent before he carelessly whacked his van door against it, and wanted it repaired.

He just shrugged his shoulkders and got back in his van.

Managed to get his name and company phone number, so pulled away and rang them up, explained the situation, and they've promised to get back to me with a view to paying for the dent removal man to fix it.

It's right on the swage line unfortunately, and the techy I've already spoken too claims he'll probably have to drill a small hole in the double skin on the edge of the door to gain access to it.

Bloody furious I am. No one seems to give a flying ***t about others property and belongings anymore. :swear:

This happened to me twice with the first month of owning my fab. First time in the multi-story car park, the other car had left so couldnt do anything. The second at Mcdonalds, kids climbing out the back swung open the door, and actually rocked my car. Went out to check the damage, massive dent, pulled over the driver, and took about 20+ photos of the cars next to one another, of the driver, and of his door matching up against the dent. The driver laughed off the mention of insurance, I claimed against him, won outright within a month.

I now never trust parking next to anyone, I double park if the car park isnt too busy, and if I park in a multi-story car park I throw a product called 'door defender' on the side of the car, imported them from america, but havent had a problem since.

Some people may laugh at them, but most car enthusiasts give nothing but positive comments, like i've said, no dents since using these, although I'll still careful/paranoid where I park.

Official site:

HERE

Can buy:

HERE

+ On ebay, but hard to find as it brings up nothing but Land Rovers...

Some people may laugh at them, but most car enthusiasts give nothing but positive comments, like i've said, no dents since using these, although I'll still careful/paranoid where I park.

Official site:

HERE

Can buy:

HERE

+ On ebay, but hard to find as it brings up nothing but Land Rovers...

Good idea, but as they say in the ad'., easily fitted and removed in a couple of seconds, and there lies the first and probably only problem. Tea leaves. :devil:

Yeah i hate people banging the door into your car, winds me up so much!

Just got out from the pub one summers day and my car was nicely parked in a bay whereas some people carrier was right next to me however the front of the car was actually crossing into part of my bay and of course i checked my doors to supprisingly find a big mark, check the other cay to see if the door/mark lined up which it did. This could have been prevented if the driver had either parked somewhere else as there were well over a dozen spaces or they could have parked properly.

Wound me up so much i put my key to their door, not the sort of thing i would normally do but it got to me that much i wanted them to see what it was like

Yeah i hate people banging the door into your car, winds me up so much!

Just got out from the pub one summers day and my car was nicely parked in a bay whereas some people carrier was right next to me however the front of the car was actually crossing into part of my bay and of course i checked my doors to supprisingly find a big mark, check the other cay to see if the door/mark lined up which it did. This could have been prevented if the driver had either parked somewhere else as there were well over a dozen spaces or they could have parked properly.

Wound me up so much i put my key to their door, not the sort of thing i would normally do but it got to me that much i wanted them to see what it was like

Not condoning that, but can fully understand what you must have felt like when the red mist decended. :@

May have flipped myself tbh, but think I'd have possibly tried to find the owner first by going back into the pub and shouting, will the owner of car reg. number please attend his car immidiately, as it is on fire!

Good idea, but as they say in the ad'., easily fitted and removed in a couple of seconds, and there lies the first and probably only problem. Tea leaves. :devil:

Hence the "anti-theft security tether" which is shut inside the door

If the company dont get back to you withing (i think it's 3 days) report it to the police, and the driver will be charged for leaving the scene. Then lets see if a bit of spit and a finger can sort that out. Im am sick of the damage that's been done to my cars over the years, and i just found a small dent in the rear bumper today when i was washing the car.

If the company dont get back to you withing (i think it's 3 days) report it to the police, and the driver will be charged for leaving the scene. Then lets see if a bit of spit and a finger can sort that out. Im am sick of the damage that's been done to my cars over the years, and i just found a small dent in the rear bumper today when i was washing the car.

It was almost comical the way he kept wetting his finger and rubbing at it.

I kept telling him that spit wouldn't actually make the dent vanish, but he carried on regardless. :no:

Like the dent on your bumper, the culprit simply did a runner, bit like my 'white van man' was quite obviously going to do.

Couldn't believe just how casual he was about it, the shrug of the shoulders as though to say, what's exactly your problem matey? :@