Paint work

Sippo

Thanks guys. I emailed them yesterday but we'll see. With my experience of dealers I won't hold my breath but they got excellent reviews on here. I am going to get the bumper resprayed, and send them a copy of the receipt and photo of the damage.

It's a shame because I have one guy who will do it £30 cheaper cash in hand, but I need a receipt.

Thanks guys. I emailed them yesterday but we'll see. With my experience of dealers I won't hold my breath but they got excellent reviews on here. I am going to get the bumper resprayed, and send them a copy of the receipt and photo of the damage.

It's a shame because I have one guy who will do it £30 cheaper cash in hand, but I need a receipt.

Odds are its had a small scrape & been tidied up, Origional paint shouldnt come off with a jet wash & would have failed by now anyway, often in quick spray jobs the main area gets prepared reosnably well but in the hurry the edges arent done as they sjould be & will fail. Make sure whoec=ver does it prepares & sprays the whole bumper. If they only do part of it & arent told to prep the whole thing properly & other areas of the bumper fail they have a get out clause & the original garage wont come near you once A N Other has dabled with it.

Dont be so keen tio dis the dealer either until you know where he stands. Ther are quite a few good dealers around & they may be one of those & be straight & honest.

Don't think I can get the whole bumper done, just because of cost. They are going to check the whole bumper anyway.

Heard nothing back from dealer yet...

Venturedshield is no good on fresh paint as the paint is releasing solvents and curing for at lest a month.if you were going to pay that much for clingfilm you might as well get it done in ceramic clear coat. Tough as glass as we have a right job trying to prep it on porsches and mercs.

Just spoke to the dealer and he is willing to pay half the costs. Which is better than a kick in the face I suppose.

Oh and he wasn't aware if the bumper was replaced but doubt it. The flaking is just an unlucky occurrence apparently.

Edited by Sippo

Not a bad result, strongly suggest the whole bump is sprayed as it will only flake again where it meets the old paint. Happened to my old mondeo when the used a screwdrive to prise out a bit of trim and left a notch in the bumper.

Unfortunately I can't afford the whole bumper replacement at the moment so will have to take the risk. I'll be washing by hand from now on anyway.