help with my thermostat ( 1.9 tdi )

sumpplug

so now ive got a problem with me temp gauge, its only getting as hot as 70degs ive spoken to two garages and theyve both said its prob the thermostat so ive brought a new one but is it easy enough to change myself?? Or do i have to pay a garage to fix it?? Haynes manual on the way too

any help gratefull

cheers

Might not be the Thermostat m8 quite often its the temp sender. Is it going to 90 when stood still? If does then it is the stat otherwise its the sensor

No it takes awhile to get to 70 then stays there even when sat in traffic its not getting any higher? Is the temp sensor expensive n easy to replace?

so now ive got a problem with me temp gauge, its only getting as hot as 70degs ive spoken to two garages and theyve both said its prob the thermostat so ive brought a new one but is it easy enough to change myself?? Or do i have to pay a garage to fix it?? Haynes manual on the way too

any help gratefull

cheers

Hi, Its a quick and easy change to do. Pipe off and catch the excess coolant. Last time i used a 2 litre pop bottle ( cut off near top ). 2 bolts remove housing .... Pull out old thermostat and quickly replace with new. Before you replace anything maybe an idea to check the pipe from therm housing is cold when engine is hot as if its cold thermostat would be working correctly..... suggesting its the temp sender at fault after all.

No it takes awhile to get to 70 then stays there even when sat in traffic its not getting any higher? Is the temp sensor expensive n easy to replace?

Temp sensor replacement is quick and relatively simple. Easy to access too. Just disconnect plug, wired from harness, remove plastic circlip and pull out the old sender. New sender should have a new `O` ring to attach. Then just a reversal of removal..... not difficult at all .. :) I got mine from Jorily automotive... not too expensive as i remember.. good luck !

Temp sensor replacement is quick and relatively simple. Easy to access too. Just disconnect plug, wired from harness, remove plastic circlip and pull out the old sender. New sender should have a new `O` ring to attach. Then just a reversal of removal..... not difficult at all .. :) I got mine from Jorily automotive... not too expensive as i remember.. good luck !

About gettin one from Jorily, one of the members on here got one and it went faulty within weeks. Its one of the parts that is best from the dealers, under 30 quid I think.

It defo sounds like a faulty sensor m8. New ones are green as vag updated it due to failures

About gettin one from Jorily, one of the members on here got one and it went faulty within weeks. Its one of the parts that is best from the dealers, under 30 quid I think.

It defo sounds like a faulty sensor m8. New ones are green as vag updated it due to failures

I guess you pays your money and takes your chance as they say ;) Mine has been fine ! Fair comment though ...

I guess you pays your money and takes your chance as they say ;) Mine has been fine ! Fair comment though ...

The Green Dual Temperature Sensors that we sell are GENUINE Skoda, so no different from the ones you get from the Skoda dealer. We buy them in Bulk from Czech Republic.

GENUINE GREEN DUAL TEMP. SENSOR PLEASE CLICK HERE