Tips On Buying A Vrs

hi all im in the process of looking for a octavia hatch vrs. its going to be no less than a 59 plate and i want it to have sat nav, xenon headlights, rear parking sensors and possibly leather seats if i can find such a spec!! what my question is im also looking at the dsg version but not sure whether its reliable or not?? hopefully you guys can make me decide between manual or the dsg ;) also does the car always have xenons when the washers are on the front bumper??

Edited by jebby80

Welcome to the forum.

If you are getting a diesel and looking for a 59 then it will be a CR. This will have a DPF but it is fine on the CR so you don't need to worry.

As regards the DSG then there are no issues with them now. Some early ones had mechatronics issues but i don't know of any recent issues.

They need a DSG oil change every 40k so make sure this has either been done if it is over 40k or that you factor it in to costs if it is coming up to 40k (circa £150).

Only the Scout gets washers without Xenons so yes, basically any VRS with Washers will be Xenons unless you are getting a dodgy import!

Don't worry about getting Sat Nav, i didn't get it with mine (£1600 new option) but got a 2nd hand one for £400. It is a very easy retrofit so don't dismiss a car just because it doesn't have Nav.

Xenon's are great BTW and you will love the VRS if you get one! Mine is only missing the leather (prefer the fabric in the VRS) so make me an offer :p

thanks for the reply! ive heard some stories about the dsg box so thats put my mind at ease. ive noticed yours has bluetooth aswell is that an option or standard? could you give me a list as to what is standard on the vrs please??

Bluetooth an option. Specs are still the same iirc in the current brochure:

http://go.skoda.eu/gbr_octavia_brochure

Basically:

Dual Zone Climate

Cruise Control

18 Inch wheels

Jumbo Box

Bolero 6cd Radio

Leather wheel, gear gaitor and hand brake

XDS

Tyre Pressure monitoring.

Must have Options IMO are:

Maxidot (helps you program functions such as auto lights, door locking etc)

Rear Parking Sensors

Autolights/wipers

Full size wheel