Starting Problem 1.9 Tdi Classic

Taxi_G

Picked up a 06 plate Tdi last week, 1 female owner from new, 70k on the clock. Wee cracker. But needs a little TLC.

Not had a chance to get it to the garage yet, but booked in for a service & check over in 2 weeks time.

Got 1 current problem which is annoying me, it cuts out straight after start up, not all the time & it's happened on both a hot & cold engine.

Took a wee video of lights on the dash, 1 is the coil light & the other im not sure on ......

Video clip

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k537/G_McNab/40c8b2b5.mp4

Anyone help me?

G

not sure but engine imoblier issue?

have you tried using the other key to see if it comes up?

also check what condition the battery/ alternator is in as this may be causing a problem.

the above may be worth a try if not see if you can find someone local that can hook it upto the vacom and see what that says.

Looks like an immobilser problem. Is it intermittent? I find on mine (98 TDI) that I normally have to pull the key out, wait a few seconds for something to click in the dash, then reinsert the key, pressing it firmly into the ignition lock, then turn slowly. That generally solves the problem and it'll start. It only does it occasionally and I've yet to find out why.

I have read somewhere that changing part of the wiring loom solves the problem for good, but can't remember which part, or where I saw it (it's probably on here somewhere).

Cheers chaps, as said its booked in for a service & to get a check over. Just wanted to get a rough idea what it was. I'll get my mate to stick it on vagcom this weekend to see if anything comes up.

Once it's started it's no problem.

Will update when I know what is up with it

G