Seat Belt Retraction

Gilesmengland

Mine is slow too. Not slow enough to moan but I do notice it sometimes. On my Audi I had had to replace the driver's seat belt for this very reason under warranty. I kept the car six more years past the warranty and it went slower and slower and s l o w e r over time... But at £250 or so I never replaced it.

That's Audi...the Skoda price will probably be around half for the same part..... :D

I hasten to add that that was the price in 2003!

OUCH!!!!!!!

But sir, it's an Audi. My dad had a rant a few years back when he took his four year old low-mileage RS6 in for a "service" in Germany, told them to "sort whatever needs sorting" and five days later was presented with a bill for over €12,000.00. I'm not joking.

He called Audi CS and went off on one, something along the lines of:

"When I bring my car in, I want it to be taken off me, fixed, and handed back. I don't care about your glass building, marble floors, the three pretty girls at reception, the quality of your coffee, or the boutique in the corner where I can buy an Audi chronograph, slippers and matching golf bag. I refuse to pay for your "dealership experience" to the tune of a brand new hatchback, my eyes are watering here..." :giggle:

Lucky for him he was CFO of a very large German company at the time who have literally thousands of Audis on their fleet - threatening to terminate all fleet agreements was enough for them to stomach the repair bill themselves, along with a rather sincere apology. :rofl:

Edited by carnivorous

Pull the belt out and give it a clean as per owners handbook, that normally sorts them out.

We get loads rejected under warranty as its just fluff off clothing that clogs them up.

Ah!!! Well I be never. I really enjoy this forum for having real Škoda tech people on here with advice like this! I've never cleaned a seat belt in my life before but now you said it, it makes perfect sense to do so. Doh.

• Like 1

Worst case scenario is sometimes the fluff collects on the guide loop behind the trim which slows them down, but not normally something wrong with the reel itself. But normally pulling it out and plugging it in and cleaning them with a mild soapy solution and letting them dry before working them in and out will sort it. A small amount of silicone spray right on the end of the belt if you pull it all the way out so it works back into the coiled belt also helps loads, keep it on the end and it shouldn't get on your clothes.