electric window, central locking, alarm and immobiliser

i have recently bought a magic and i intend to remove the windows and remote central locking to fit to my fun. however i have the added complication of refitting manual windows and locks to the magic as my mate is buying it off me when im done. so far i have removed the window mech, locking mech and loom from the drivers door and what i would describe as the accessory loom from the dash but i haven't taken the dash out.

firstly does the fun have the plug for this loom behind the stereo?

can i leave the rear actuators in but disconnected to allow the rear doors to be operated manually?

when i plugged the other connectors back into the fuse box the alarm (which i didn't know it had) started going off and will not switch off with the fob (which i thought was just for the locks) so i found the isolator switch on the alarm and turned it off, now it wont start. i have re-connected the accessory loom and the other component externally and the the alarm still goes off when switched back on. im a little confused by this.

the wiring for the alarm seems to be integral to the main loom, having checked the manual, i am aware i will need the alarm if i want the remote central locking. i am not fussed about the immobiliser and i will just have manual central locking if i have to strip out and dissect the main loom.

can i bypass the immobiliser and alarm?

if i can i and the fun has the plug, it should be quite easy to just fit the components to the fun as the reverse of removal.

if any one can tell me anything about the alarm and immobiliser i would appreciate it, but don't post it as a reply as its not something to discus on here, so mail it to me at [email protected]

this is quite urgent as i could do with getting my money back from the magic.

scratch disabling the immobiliser, that sounds far to complicated and i don't think it's the immobiliser as it doesn't start at all. but any help on the other questions would be great

Hi, Although I can't directly help you with your issue (sure other members will be able to), just wanted to greet a fellow fun fan.

Hopefully we'll keep in touch via the forum. Cheers, Rob.

hi rob, im Gav by the way. i will do an intro at some point with pics and description, but im buisy with the magic atm.

anyway, more fun and games today, i got the car running, turns out it was a lose connector and the was no power to the fuel pump.

however i have now noticed that its hunting on idle (suspect tp sensor) but i will deal with this when the fun is sorted.

i could not find the 10 pin plug on the fun, so i have proceeded to strip back the loom to remove the one from the magic, i have worked out that i only need 4 of the wires to operate the windows and locks, i can add others such as control wires for remote etc later, right now i just want the windows in and to be able to open both doors on the key. out of the 4 (red/black, black and 2 yellow) wires i have identified where 3 go, but one yellow seems to go to the back of the car and i cant find it in the manual, i will probably sus this before i get back to check reply's. then i shall graft this into the fun's loom and then its just plug and play, ill keep you posted on how i get on.

hi rob, im Gav by the way. i will do an intro at some point with pics and description, but im buisy with the magic atm.

anyway, more fun and games today, i got the car running, turns out it was a lose connector and the was no power to the fuel pump.

however i have now noticed that its hunting on idle (suspect tp sensor) but i will deal with this when the fun is sorted.

i could not find the 10 pin plug on the fun, so i have proceeded to strip back the loom to remove the one from the magic, i have worked out that i only need 4 of the wires to operate the windows and locks, i can add others such as control wires for remote etc later, right now i just want the windows in and to be able to open both doors on the key. out of the 4 (red/black, black and 2 yellow) wires i have identified where 3 go, but one yellow seems to go to the back of the car and i cant find it in the manual, i will probably sus this before i get back to check reply's. then i shall graft this into the fun's loom and then its just plug and play, ill keep you posted on how i get on.

Hi Gav, don't worry mate sounds like you're up to your neck in it, look forward to see how you go. Mine occasionally still hunts on idle and to fair haven't totally resolved.

I might be getting you mixed up with someone else but a while ago I was in a filling station around the Crewe area and a young guy (there's a compliment) pulled in behind me. He was rebuilding a Fun and we had a good chat about various bits and bobs. Sure his name was Gavin, was it you by any chance? Look forward to hearing from you. Cheers, Rob.

yep thats me.

sounds like the throttle position sensor to me, im having the same issue with the magic.

Hi mate, thought so. Yes all roads seem to lead back to the throttle body/sensor etc. Have carried out the usual with out replacing anything yet (improved but not yet cured). Mine has just turned 100k and I'm sure the gearbox is a little more 'whiney' than I remember previously. Is that something you can identify with and perhaps an issue related to Fellys? Anyone else please feel free to comment. Catch you soon.

• 1 month later...

hi dose any1 know how to fit central locking kit to my skoda fabia 2000 reg iv got my kit but dont no where to start could any one help me pics would be great or diagrams

Try asking in the FABIA part of the forum. You may get the correct help you need.

Edited by FellyMagic