Good MPG for a 2.0 FSI?

Today the MPG1 showed 39.7MPG and MPG2 shows 35.1MPG (We've never reset this in 5 years).

I know the computer can be a bit out (myself found it pretty close), but wondered if this was good for an extra urban jorney totalling 50 miles round trip.

Seem to recall even motorway the book stats say a max of 36mpg, and IIRC extra urban was only about 30?

That sounds like good mpg for the 2L petrol but as you'll see from mine, I'm regularly getting this in the vRS and even more at times on my 30 mile round trip daily commute. Seems to be getting better as the engine is loosening up (8000 now) and best on mine's TSI engine when using 95 RON Shell instead of V-Power.

• 4 weeks later...

Up-date: Today on my return home from work over 15 miles mine returned 45.4 mpg !!

The weather was fine with a warm air temperature and the engine has loosened up a bit now with nearly 9000 on the clock.

Still averaging between 34 and 37 mpg over long term

I had to pick my daughter up from Leeds this evening so a run along the M62 from Rochdale.... granted average speed cameras forced me to set the cruise to 50mph and even with lights on, and listening to the radio the fuel computer showed 48mpg!

Even if its 10% out thats still a healthy 43mpg

I seem to be getting around 165 miles out of my regular £25 (4 gallon) weekly fill .....which is 40mpg!

• Like 1