225/50/17 versus 215/60/16

Runswick Stag

There is so much difference between 16" and 17" ride in Yeti, that You can feel it without leaving a parking lot!

Steering in our 1.2TSi @16" is noticably lighter than in 17" 1.4 TSI.

Since Im driving 1.4TSI I will consider to go for 215/60 R17 or even 225/60 R17 when its come to tyre change..

Should I say anything else about ride comfort difference?

Yes I can certainly believe your findings as the bigger engine is slightly heavier, but my car is a Tdi 170 4x4 so is a fair bit heavier again than all the 2wd cars, especially those with petrol engines, so we're not really comparing eggs 'n' eggs here & I'd be very surprised if the suspension's the same anyway, the springs & damper ratings will definitely be different at the very least.

Oh, heavens NO!

Not another tyre thread, either resuscitated or whatever...... there's enough tyre stuff on this Yeti site for VW/Audi/Skoda to have a field day with....

.....perhaps not such a bad idea - but AS WELL as a LOT of purely subjective and PERSONAL opinion....

nuff said.

My Yeti 4 x 4 140 rides on 16 inch wheels winter and summer, with 215/60 tyres: Vredestein Wntrac Extremes in winter, Vredestein Sportracs in summer. The ride is a definite improvement, handling diminished a touch in summer, but better in winter & wet when the water shifting ability of the Wintracs gives them an edge over even the P Zeros.

The Sportracs were a compromise. As a search dog handler, I wanted something with a fair bit of savage tread to get grip on forest tracks / mud etc; intially, there was a lot more road noise, but as they have worn a couple of mm, that has improved a lot. I bought a set of Alutech Spikes to fit summer tyres on, and these have been fine. Cheaper than Skoda alloys at £90 each, and approved by my insurance company with no problem.

Best of all, the tyre life over the P Zeros has been a vast improvement. You pay for the grip in the Pirellis by the quick tyre wear, and at £140+ per tyre, I'd rather be running on the Sportracs which were less than £100. In fact, I bought the Sportracs and wheels for £50 less than 4 P Zeros.

I sympathise in a way with the previous poster about tyre threads, because they are nearly always about opinions rather than facts !