Oil Level Rising - Fabia VRS MK 1

skodavrs54

it seems i have diesel in my oil and i have water being pushed out of the expansion tank i have pressure coming out the oil filler when the cap is off same from the dipstick hole when the engine is running and the oil is dripping off the dipstick is it advisible to drive and is it expensive to fix ??

Edited by skodavrs54

Have you smelled your oil? It's likely that it now contains diesel fuel... that's bad, and would be consistent with higher engine noise - diesel is definitely not 505.01 compatible :(

Now, as to how diesel makes into the crankcase, there are usually 2 suspects - the "tandem" pump and the oil seals on the injectors.Both items can be inspected relatively easily by a competent garage... one might need a pressure/vacuum pump to test.

So... the first step would be to try and see(smell) if there is diesel in the oil; if there is, I'd warmly recommend an immediate oil change or a tow to the nearest competent VAG engineer. Likely, you would have a diagnosis within a few hours of vehicle handover to the tech...

Couldn't have said it better though I think the imediate oil chage/tow is a bit extreme