Poloman's Octavia VRS II

Poloman

Even though I have just bought it I already have plans for my new motor :)

I have a list of what I would like to do but I am usually ambitous and half normally doesnt get done.

I am going for a discreet look with only cosmetic changes at first however if i get some money saved up I might move onto performance/ handling.

List of possible future mods:

• Forge Engine alloy caps
  • Black front grille (FITTED)
  • Stubby aerial (FITTED)
  • Silver indicator bulbs (FITTED)
  • New custom tax disc holder (FITTED)
  • Black interior trim (STARTED)
  • VRS labelled gear knob (FITTED)
  • Skoda Bolero system (possibly)
  • Air Filter (FITTED)
  • VRS genuine car mats
  • Forge gear knob (waiting to be fitted)
  • Jetex cat back exhaust
  • Lowering springs
  • Anthracite alloys

Below are a few pictures of it at the dealer:

interiorcm.jpg

img0631dt.jpg

Better pictures will follow :)

Edited by Poloman
  • Like 1

Gave the car a good clean today as the weather was decent :)

Also ordered a stubby aerial and front silver indicators to clean it up a bit.

Making inquiries about wrapping the front grille in gloss or matte black this week too.

cleanrw.jpg

Here are some proposed photoshops of what I would like my car to look like, photoshops made by Gek on seatcupra forum.

grill.jpg

an.jpg

black-1.jpg

Not sure which colour alloys to choose but preferring the anthracite alloys at the minute

Edited by Poloman

• 3 weeks later...

Been out in the sun this week and got a few more pictures of the VRS.

Also this week been looking into the black trim and black front grille, grille quoted at £45 to wrap by a professional so will hopefully do that this month.

img0294ds.jpg

img0298b.jpg

img0293py.jpg

Made a start to the interior and got myself a octavia scout black radio trim

img06661.jpg

Now need to figure out what im going to do with the rest of the aluminium trim :)

Also got myself a newer sat nav cd which was bugging me since I bought the car

Pretty early. First vRS ones were Nov 05 IIRC. There's a few of that age around the forum, but think the ones I know of mostly have private plates on :)

Nice motor - if you're painting the wheels I'd go for anthracite as well, so you maintain a bit of definition.

The current Polo aerial is a decent choice if you want something shorter, and the same one is now officially used on the latest MY12 cars if you want to pick one up from a Skoda dealer.

On the trim, if you don't like the alu look, you could wrap it. Some have used 3M Di-Noc on that, but if you didn't want a CF look then some decent quality black matte vinyl would be the way to go I reckon. Replacing each of those with a darker finish would be quite pricey I think as the parts aren't that cheap.

thanks guys :) it is pretty early but is in great condition considering.

I think I have decided on anthracite as well but will need to save up first.

I am looking into the trim pieces at the minute, dont know wether to leave it or start doing them now.

• 2 weeks later...

Grille is getting wrapped tomorrow :) managed to break it taking it off so it will need fixed up tonight, nothing major thankfully.

About the interior trim Wardy do you have a link to a thread where someone has done it or do you know if they needed to take the trim pieces off to wrap them? thanks

I know Pete (pete8tch) covered his with 3M Di-Noc (or equivalent) - think Carl might have done some bits on his last vRS as well.

Will see if I can find a thread. Not sure but think they were done with the trim pieces still in place.

• 3 months later...

Since last post I have fitted a VRS Knob insert, fitted number plate holders and pressed plates (pics soon of this) and looking to do more.

img06951.jpg

After a recent trip to nurburgring I am looking to do more to my car for next years trip back there :)

This includes performance mods and wheels

• Like 1

Even though I have just bought it I already have plans for my new motor :)

I have a list of what I would like to do but I am usually ambitous and half normally doesnt get done.

I am going for a discreet look with only cosmetic changes at first however if i get some money saved up I might move onto performance/ handling.

List of possible future mods:

• Forge Engine alloy caps
  • Black front grille (FITTED)
  • Stubby aerial (FITTED)
  • Silver indicator bulbs (FITTED)
  • New custom tax disc holder (FITTED)
  • Black interior trim (STARTED)
  • VRS labelled gear knob (FITTED)
  • Skoda Bolero system (possibly)
  • Air Filter (ORDERED)
  • VRS genuine car mats
  • Tinted windows (QUOTED AT £250 :o maybe not for a while at least)

Below are a few pictures of it at the dealer:

interiorcm.jpg

img0631dt.jpg

Better pictures will follow :)

Is that mitchell skoda in ellesmere port ?

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of an update. Got myself a can of plastidip today. As I am a complete novice at that kind of thing I am going to practice on a few things before I start on parts I dont have spares of :)

First I am going to spray the sat nav surround, then the front grille and if I am happy it looks good I am going to spray the silver interior trim parts.

Just off ebay pal, same price as the plastidip website but I go through topcashback lol.

Started today and glad I am getting some practice in as I am a bit rubbish.

Need to be more patient with the coats I think.

Think I remember seeing a vrs estate yesterday :) dont see many vrs estates around carlisle.

Update on the plastidipping, sprayed the sat nav surround and the gear knob insert but wasnt too keen :( So stuck the surround on ebay!

Wont be doing the black interior trim anymore either.