goodbye fabia, hello octavia

well now a proud owner of a octivia vrs 2.0 tsi. so far just been out and about here in south wales. i loved the fabia but the driving experience is unbelievable. this is my first performance hatch so have nothing to compare it against. the engine is so quiet and refined and the 6 speed dsg compared to the 7 speed dsg, well its alot smoother and less jerky. the paddles do help with approaching bends, roundabouts etc. so just finding my feet-wished i booked tomorrow as well so will take it up to brecon for a spin on saturday.

i hope i've managed to upload the pics ok

IMG_0640.jpg[/img]IMG_0641.jpg[/img]IMG_0642.jpg[/img]IMG_0643.jpg[/img]IMG_0644.jpg[/img]

i had a choice of 3 vrs. black no thanks been there and forever cleaning it. Race blue i love but was just the standard model without dsg. so ended up with the silver. had the extras i was after but being silver doesnt stand out to much so wont attract much attention

Edited by preston334

• 4 weeks later...

Really like the silver in the vRS. Good choice.

I know what you mean with the constant cleaning of black!! I'm on my 4th black car and each time said "never again"!!

Really like the silver in the vRS. Good choice.

+1, silver was my first choice but I couldn't find one in the right spec, I think it suits the facelift better too.

So far in enjoying it. Not been out too much in it due to working weekends since January. The dsg is better suited to the engine and even the missus finds it better to drive than the fabia. Had a course in Taunton last week so first long drive and had 41 mpg allowing 5 to 10% difference I'm very happy with it. Boot space is fantastic for a hatch. So Easter coming up so have to go out in it somewhere but I have work on the house to do :(