fitting hands free kit

• 2 weeks later...

I had a ck3100 on my last 58 plate octavia and a bury on my 12 plate and they both tolerated the control panel going top middle above the stereo and just below the hazard switch with the cable passing under the stereo surround trim.

The control unit sits behind the ashtray area to the side.

Power and earth off the stereo and ignition live is off the heater control loom or rear of the head lamp switch on all models.

Run the microphone out from the glasses pocket overhead(plastic clips lock out on the sides with glasses flap open) and not the interior light assembly as that has sharp edges.

Would suggest you use a populated sot lead rather than direct input on the rear of the stereo as you can Get bad echo for the person on the other end of your call on these stereos or a single seperate speaker doesn't have that problem at all.

Good luck.

Andy.

Edited by andyrno1
  • Like 1

or if you haven't already bought the Parrot, why not fit a genuine VAG kit instead? It's not hard to fit, there are loads on ebay, On a later vehicle it will integrate nicely with the Maxidot and head unit. I just don't get why you would use an aftermarket unit when the genuine article is so good?

Something like this but you have to make sure it is the correct model for your vehicle - others on this forum know far more about that than me!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-BLUETOOTH-KIT-SEAT-SKODA-MFD3-RNS-510-RNS-310-RCD-510-RNS-315-5K0-035-730-D-/280845656556?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4163b4a1ec