broken door lock?....replacement!. :(

hi guys:

some little sh.t broke into my skoda fabia 1.4 last night, and has totally chewed out my drivers side door lock, i can use my key to get in and lock it, but the key

keeps getting stuck in the lock now and then...and now the key is bending etc.....arghhhhhhh......

they didn't bust the ignition key part, (untouched)

but i really need to replace my drivers door lock asap, so my question to you guys is

A: where can i get a replacement door lock cheap?

B: and a replacement key?....without having to change ALL my locks and ignition too!!!...

on my key i have 'FAB' on one side...and the letters 'HAA' on the other side...is this relevant in some way...

thanks in advance for your replies. rob.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm in exactly the same boat. My lock was screwdrivered and can be opened by the key, but also by anything...a screwdriver, a straw etc etc.

I've taken the lock out - simple job just undoing those screws in the door a touch while holding the door handle out.

How much did the delaer charge you for the new lock? I've got £50 in mind. Any more than that and it starts to look like a joke really.

Mines non central locking and the simplist of keys.

If there was a guide to see the issues involved I'd really like to see it.

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys.

Went to the delaer and ordered the key coded lock for £31.50 - which seems like a bargain to me. Of course, it hasn't arrived yet (3 weeks) so I'll wait to see before jumping up and down.

Just fiddling with the old (broken) lock - as when it's in place you can sort of turn it and this is better than nothing. Stupidly though I just unscrewed the top holding tork screw and it fell out inside the door ;-( I've had the door panel half off and no way to get to it, so...

Anyone know what size that screw/ bolt thing is? I know its trx 20, but this could be a bit of an issue. I'd take the other door lock off to have a look but think I might be asking for trouble doing that.

Also the door handle (the bit you pull to open the door) seems really badly fitting now. You have to sort of push it in to get it to fully line up shut. Hopefully that'll sort itself out when the new part arrives.

Never rains but it pours.

Thanks.

Simon