How I miss my rear ARB

Right, so I've removed the rear ARB before I handed the car in to have its scheduled service and to be investigated for the rear-right clunk I've been hearing from day one. More of an effort to limit their excuses as to what the clunk's cause could be but in no success. They've said it was the spare wheel being loose, (which it didn't) and I will need to make another visit If I still persist to solve that one.

Anyway, after having driven with the ARB for the last 4 months I noticed straight away how much difference it was actually making, when I removed it. Increased body-roll isn't the biggest problem as even with the ARB the body-roll is there (only just reduced), but the way that the car feels more "floating" and vague during fast cornering is what stroke me the most. Seems I had got used to a tighter response during the turn-in and that's the reason I couldn't truly understand some of the moaning regarding the car's handling in some recent topics. With the ARB, the balance is far more easily disturbed when you ask for it, and you can earlier understand where you are.

However, It still isn't perfect (at least for my like) and I'll be fitting the lowering springs any time soon, but I just wanted to point out how understandable was the effect of the ARB when I removed it. Maybe on a lowered car it won't be as much as in a stock one, but it certainly makes a difference in a stock car such as mine. I plan to make some tilt measurements with TORQUE If possible, in order to have some numerical facts as well for this, before I re-install it. I will post them here If succeed.

Edited by newbie69