Indicator Problems Sorted

Hi All

I would like to say a big thank you to this great forum.

On Tuesday when I was out driving my Skoda Octavia TDI Elegance I noticed that when I put my indicator on they failed to work. Turned it off then on again and it was fine.

I therefore decided to look and see if other people had been having similar problems to me and I found countless problems with it and it indicated that the problem was with the hazard switch which has the relay built into it.

I went out yesterday and they would go but it was almost impossible to get them going. Sometimes when I put them on I got nothing at all. Not what you want when you are going down a road and wanting to turn either left or right.

I thought that I would take on your tips and see if I was able to get the one that was in going without spending anything on it first as taking it to my garage would work out a lot more expensive.

Have to admit that I was scared of something going wrong with reading what other problems people had in getting it out but it only took me about 5 minutes to get it out and just by doing that and putting it back in it appears to have solved the problem.

I took it out for a 20 mile run yesterday and went into town today and the problems were not there. I know in the future I will probably need to get another one but for the moment this is working fine.

Once again, many thanks to you all. :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Like 1

Mine went mental, but it was the stalk, a squirt of switch cleaner sorted it

Mine was the same. Reading on here, everyone blamed the relay, but logically the relay needed power to trigger it, so I squirted some switch cleaner into the stalk and it went from being a really broken to not a fault since early Jan (when I squirted it)

• 5 years later...