Just declared all my mods

vRS Joe

Well,

I have been putting this off for ages because I was worried it would cost a bomb.

It was so cheap I even put some stuff on I hasvn't quite got round to fitting yet

However I was a bit miffed that retrofitting factory options (leather, xenons and cruise) counts as a modification. How would the insurance assessor know? Also I havn't got a clue how you work out your admin charges.

Anyway, I'm very happy

Cheers Adrian Flux

Even if you had those options fitted new, you`d still have to declare them as a factory fitted mod.

Not strictly true. I have had a few insurance policies where I have declared factory fitted mods above base spec (wheels, stereo etc) , only to be told they dont need to be declared.

I would however always declare and let them make that call, I'm sure that's not always the case with every insurer. Better safe yhan sorry!