How To: OCC DIY Guide Install

Bowders1

OCC Installation Part 1

Hi Folks, Reposting odd thread that was never posted to Techi section.emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Pic of the hose used which is lined to stop oil breaking down the silicon.

VRSFMICBumpermod027.jpg

VRSFMICBumpermod032.jpg

Pic of the OCC , T piece, Joiner / connector

VRSOCCMod016.jpg

Bracket for OCC (already bent to allow fitting to slam panel), and hose clips at the ready.

VRSOCCMod019.jpg

Front plastic cover removed exposing the nuts and bolts to remove to allow slightly better access to the plastic hose.( I will refit this as like the way it covers the other hoses)

Carefully pull the bracket out the way and at the same time unclip the dip stick and also unplug the sensor that is underneath this metal bracket

VRSFMICBumpermod035.jpg

Pipe highlighted to remove

VRSFMICBumpermod037.jpg

Pipe removed.

VRSOCCMod038.jpg

Can see the goo in the T piece, cleaned this out as best as I could.

VRSOCCMod039.jpg

Remove the Y pipe.

VRSOCCMod040.jpg

VRSOCCMod041.jpg

DV removed and pushed to one side to expose the valve the new hose will be connected to.

VRSOCCMod042.jpg

Parts used to fit new hose to the T Piece. (note joiner cut down slightly to allow full insertion into T piece)

VRSOCCMod043.jpg

New hosed fitted.

VRSOCCMod044.jpg

Area highlighted for OCC to be fitted.

VRSOCCMod022.jpg

Fitted OCC with bent bracket to allow correct positioning of OCC. Bracket fitted underneath the slam panel to look more oem.

VRSOCCMod049.jpg

VRSOCCMod050.jpg

New hose connected to the Valve and DV refitted.

VRSOCCMod051.jpg

Refit the metal bracket removed earlier and remember to re plug sensor and re fit plastic cover.

VRSOCCMod072.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

great piece that, is there any harm in going to atmosphere with the final hose from the oil catch, instead of back to the tip? my old school experience with bikes etc, is to stop the crank case gasses from being re-breathed by the engine....... at the cost of some oil smell on occasion

• 2 weeks later...

great piece that, is there any harm in going to atmosphere with the final hose from the oil catch, instead of back to the tip? my old school experience with bikes etc, is to stop the crank case gasses from being re-breathed by the engine....... at the cost of some oil smell on occasion

Hi there these systems are closed loop. If you were to vent to atmosphere you would get massive build up of pressure in the bottom end. To overcome this you would need to get a 25mm outlet to vent to atmosphere to get pressure out quick enough. With these breather systems you will also get loads of oil vapour that will smell big time mate. I looked into it too and it seems with my investigation not recommended.

How much hose did you need mark?

Approx 2 metres buddy to be safe.

• 1 year later...

Planning on doing this next week. Quick question though, see the t-piece pipe that sits under the manifold, and has a small pipe running up to a nipple on the inlet manifold. What do you do with that section once you take out the t-piece and make a straight through part. Is it a case of just blocking off that nipple, or will I have to run a pipe from it to anywhere?

Or should I just keep the t-piece in until i do further deletes? As its completely standard at the moment apart from Creation motorsport pipes being put in, pipes which have that t-piece built in.

Edited by Saints92