Help

Lifted the bonnet at the weekend and noticed the cap for what looks like some sort of air intake pipe at the fron right of the engine has come off and disappeared?! booked it into dealer.. anyone else had this problem and is it just as simple as a new clip on cap?

Is it the rectangular-ish clip on cover over the ram air intake assembly? The circular intake pipe goes off to the left.

If so it is simply a clip on jobbie. Mine is held on with black insulating tape as they either rattle or fall off.......

Yes that's the one mate (Apologies unable to upload a piccy) It's gone missing somewhere.. not sure where the hell to get one from so thought dealer prob the best.. in the meantime is it making the engine lose performance? Can't get into dealer for a week as need a c/car.. sounds like a design flaw to me..

Edited by VRS_ROB

I'll have a look.. no doubt the Stealer will charge a few quid.. just hope engine not effected in meantime?

58 plate Race Blue Octi VRS CR 170

Edited by VRS_ROB

Shouldn't be detrimental to the car. At speed the air shoots through the box and intake air is drawn off the side into the round hose and off to the filter box etc.

I referred to it as a 'ram air intake' which isn't strictly true as it is configured to not be affected by any ram air effect when driving at speed.

I would also expect it to be wedged somewhere in the engine bay or in the undertray.

Found it.. lodged in the fan!! What a stupid design flaw! It has now been taped on!! does it get removed upon service?

58 plate Race Blue Octi VRS CR 170

Edited by VRS_ROB

No but when they change the air filtter they undo the screws so the pipe can be disconnected for the air filter, sometimes they have not ligned up the screws properly, so it just falls off