Change in spec since last May?

Clyde M

I'm looking at a couple of used low mileage 1.2 Elegance that were first registered in May 2011. Have there been any changes in spec during the last 10 months that I will miss out on if I don't buy new?

Hi,

updates happen fairly frequently, many being quite minor and therefore go unnoticed. I know that around April / May time 2011, the gearboxes on many models were updated but that doesn't mean the older version was a cause for long term concern. The LNN gearbox in my 110 4x4 has been in use in both the Octy and Yeti for quite some time until it was replaced on the MY12 which went into production WK22 (June) 2011.

As rockhopper has stated folding wing mirrors also came in with MY12 but I understand the auto dipping drivers wing mirror was deleted with this introduction on manual seat models. Folding mirrors I can live without but the dipping mirror I find useful, so I'm glad to have a MY11 rather than an MY12

Check the 10th digit of the chassis number in the bottom corner of the windscreen (nearside) to identify the model year;

A - 2010

B - 2011

C - 2012

I think one of the biggest improvements for me came with the introduction of a new front subframe, plus wishbones in August 2010. Smoothed out the front suspension over the earlier models form my own experience.

Regards,

TP

As rockhopper has stated folding wing mirrors also came in with MY12 but I understand the auto dipping drivers wing mirror was deleted with this introduction on manual seat models. Folding mirrors I can live without but the dipping mirror I find useful, so I'm glad to have a MY11 rather than an MY12

TP I think you mean "auto dimming" and not "auto dipping"... The dipping mirror needs a memory chip and thus only comes with the electric seat option and only dips the passenger mirror when you select reverse.

Re the auto dipping drivers mirror, I guess it would be to good to be true for a VCDS change to activate the function on newer models?

No doubt some extra hardware is required?

SnowYeti see above. It is the dimming that is deleted. On most BMWs as well you can't ever order electrically folding mirrors that also dim. Seems there is more hardware that goes with the different glass than one realises at first - so there is no space for the folding mirror motor AND the dimming hardware. So a pure VCDS change won't do anything.

But back to the OP's question (and Mike's recommendation! LOL): Alas I don't know of any other changes since May. TP is the man!

I think the latest spec Elegance only has a single CD player now.

The earlier 6 stack player is now an extra cost option I believe.

THis was not the case in September - mine has an in dash 6 discu changer - ie Bolero, rather than the stacking changer in the boot

TP I think you mean "auto dimming" and not "auto dipping"... The dipping mirror needs a memory chip and thus only comes with the electric seat option and only dips the passenger mirror when you select reverse.

Oops yes typo; dimming drivers wing mirror and dipping passanger mirror with the elec seat option :blush:

TP

So just to get this straight the electric seats come with a dipping mirror (for reverse) and not dimming mirrors as stated in the brochure?

You now only get a dimming INTERIOR mirror. You do not get any form of dimming exterior mirror anymore - they both now electrically fold. So with the electric seat all you get extra is the dipping passenger mirror.

You now only get a dimming INTERIOR mirror. You do not get any form of dimming exterior mirror anymore - they both now electrically fold. So with the electric seat all you get extra is the dipping passenger mirror.

I have to disagree.

My 12 plate Greenline Elegency (built January 2012) has the electric seat and mirror pack with dimming interior and drivers door mirror, dipping passenger mirror when put in reverse and memory, both folding!

Edited by Big Rich

THis was not the case in September - mine has an in dash 6 discu changer - ie Bolero, rather than the stacking changer in the boot

Yes you're right.

On checking the latest brochure ,the stacking 6 disc changer is a £300 additional cost " If " The Columbus Sat Nav system is specified.

Ah I just have the bolero so I have 6 discs as standard. Never used them though, so I just dump a load of cds on to an sd card. If you had Columbus you would have a hard drive so even less reason for cd changer

Sent from my motorola xoom using tapatalk

Poor old Clyde is going to have a headache after reading all this! :)

IMHO the yeti is a brilliant car in any form so you won't be disappointed, I'm sure :)

I have to disagree.

My 12 plate Greenline Elegency (built January 2012) has the electric seat and mirror pack with dimming interior and drivers door mirror, dipping passenger mirror when put in reverse and memory, both folding!

How the plot thickens! So you CAN have it all! Why can't people get it right the first time around when asked what their cars have!!!!!!! GRRRRR When these folding mirrors came out one and all (of the owners) said nope their cars don't have dimming mirrors anymore. Doh.

How the plot thickens! So you CAN have it all! Why can't people get it right the first time around when asked what their cars have!!!!!!! GRRRRR When these folding mirrors came out one and all (of the owners) said nope their cars don't have dimming mirrors anymore. Doh.

I think it is because dimming wing mirrors used to come as standard if you had the auto dimming interior. Certainly my last three Octys had dimming internal and wing mirrors. The standard yeti elegance now has auto dimming internal mirror but the wing mirrors no longer auto dim, but they do fold. Personally I would have preferred auto dimming to folding.

So the owners could well have all been right, if none of them had ordered the electric seat pack (since that now seems to be the trigger for auto dimming wing mirrors)

simples