Eibach Lowering Springs Fitting Price

Hello everyone,

Im thinking of getting lowering springs for my VRS soon but don't think i can take on the job of fitting them myself.

Think i had better leave it to the people that know what there doing :giggle: .

Does anyone know how much i would be looking to spend to get these fitted at a garage?

Thanks!

Carl

Edited by pinchy

If you buy my AP coilovers I'll fit them for you for free... B)

Think Awesome charge about £150 for fitting and alignment; its probably about 1-2 hours labour for springs depending on where you go.

If you buy my AP coilovers I'll fit them for you for free... B)

Think Awesome charge about £150 for fitting and alignment; its probably about 1-2 hours labour for springs depending on where you go.

Would be great if you were a little closer to home! haha Thanks mate these prices aren't as bad as i thought it would be.

I wasn't actually told a price but was told it would take 3 1/2 hours to fit Eibachs at DTE Motoring Centre in Halesowen.

You could fit a full set of coilovers in that time, I'd try somewhere else

Edited by Medium

I had some springs fitted for £80, it took them just two hours - two of them were on the job. In the NW though

I litterally just got off the phone to a local garage and they quoted me £80. Seems to be a very good price! I assume i will have to get my tracking re-done too.

Do i have to tell my insurance about this? lol. And will that make it go up? I'm with Churchill if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Carl

Carl,

I see you are from Bury. Im originally from Ipswich and around the newmarket area, although at university at the minute. If I was you, id go to unit 18 towards Northampton. Best place ive been and the service is excellent, as is the quality. They re adjusted my coilovers and im pretty sure they would be competitive in regards to a price for spring fitting!

Ok i will give them a call for a price when the time comes! Hopefully soon :happy: .

Need to sort insurance now.

I have had some issues i wont go into lol. But now it looks like i will be insured with Admiral. Has anyone had any experiance of modding cars with them?

Cheers,

Carl

Many years ago Admiral wanted £80 extra because we factory option alloys fitted, ask them for prices with what you intend doing before you take out a policy.

Ok Will do mate.

Is it completely neccesary to declare lowering springs on a car? its such a subtle change would anyone notice? Or am i just being a tight git? probably haha :rofl:

Hi

I asked admiral for a quote and when I told them that I had an rarb and front upper strut brace they told me they could not quote as they were high risk mods and I was obviously rallying the car.

The thing is they were happy with the remap.

Good luck

Regards Whoosh

Thanks Woosh,

I just spoke to Admiral and the difference for lowering springs was about £100 for me. Pricey but i think i will go for it as standard the VRS is way too high!

But thats good to hear as everyone with a Fabia VRS has thought about remapping :giggle: .

Cheers,

Carl

If you're happy paying £100 a year just to run about on a set of lowering springs then consider a set of JOM coil over's for less than £200. The remap will be the best value change you make to the car, as for declaring things Eibach tend to do black springs from memory so less obvious (apart from the drop) but personally I would declare absolutely everything, we have a former car insurance assessor in the family and the prospect of my insurance company refusing to pay out for my loss and trying to recoup the costs of the payout to the 3rd party in the event of a claim and it's 'reasonable' costs in doing so is not something I want to worry about.

Yes that is quite a debate! Low end coilovers or High end lowering springs.... Seen a few posts on this lol.

I'm only going for a small drop. 25mm is about as low as id want to drop it anyway because of my drive way being sloped.

Am i right in thinking i would be better off going with lowering springs for these reasons?

Thanks,

Carl