Fabia vrs mk I -v- Monte 105 td

I owned the Mk I vrs Fabia. Simply a brilliant motor. So after 10,000 miles in my Monte how does it compare. To be fair you can only compare these two as MK II Vrs is a different animal (with a capital A).

The Vrs had loads and i mean loads of torque, great economy and was great fun to drive. The seat colours were impractical and it was too small, particularly the boot. I think it didn't stand out, although that was some of the appeal. In all, probably one of the best cars I've owned.

My Monte. More grown up drive with more space all round. Better handling and looks really good. I get loads of favourable comments. It is quick enough but nothing special. All round economy is good but mpg could be better.

I would say Monte is just about good enough at everything which makes it an excellent car. Enough speed, enough space, enough good looks, enough economy etc. Not much cars can better this.

In all MK I Vrs would be a better car IF there was more space, looked a bit sportier and had better colour interior. As it goes then I think my Monte is better and in my opinion has achieved the right to be considered its replacement for what it intends to deliver.

Thoughts?

thoughts?

get a TMC tuning box on the monte and up the ante to make it as powerful as a mark I vRS ;)

KW BHP NM

Standard: 77 105 250

Tuned: 96 130 300

then you have a good looking , good handling more modern car with all the same power ;)

Hey Shark,

I know there are threads to mod but never considered.

How much for tuning box?

Economy mpg?

Easy to fit?

Warranty invalidity?

I like the sound of getting more bhp and torque.... Reasonably as I don't want to damage it.

Got on in my vRS so....

Hey Shark,

I know there are threads to mod but never considered.

How much for tuning box? Depends, £300ish

Economy mpg? Should be improved but if you give it the beans with your new found power....

Easy to fit? Very easy

Warranty invalidity? Probably as its a modification

I like the sound of getting more bhp and torque.... Reasonably as I don't want to damage it.

Edited by apmaman
  • Like 1

thoughts?

get a TMC tuning box on the monte and up the ante to make it as powerful as a mark I vRS ;)

KW BHP NM

Standard: 77 105 250

Tuned: 96 130 300

then you have a good looking , good handling more modern car with all the same power ;)

Completely agree.

apman answered :) and the TMC has been poroved for many years as reliable on the fiat forums, and several people have one on the vRS here, to good effect, giving circa 200-213bhp (on setting 7 ) depending on other mods...

so I would assume it would work well on the monte's engine too...