Standard front springs?

I have a 1.9tdi 2005 with a broken front spring and wondered what exact brand the Standard front springs on this car is.? Anybody know? Are Sachs a good make? I can get a pair of them for £75 delivered. F1 Automotive ones are £50 delivered. How about KYB?

Edited by scoob

kyb are not to bad as a brands goes, i delt with them when in the motor factors and only remembering doing one warranty claim for that brand. Theres not such a thing is a bad make any more due to the tuv/bsi testing. Just some brands are better than others and some make there stuff look better with fancy boxes.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my local garage fit genuine Skoda springs and bearings to both front sides but i'm having suspicions that he may have diddled me and put Lesjofors on instead but still charged me full Skoda price! How can i check? Do either brand have certain markings, colours, serial numbers etc on springs?

Edited by scoob