will a 1.9 tdi fit into a 2.0 tdi

i have a 2006 2.0 tdi superb the oil pump has failed and damaged the turbo just wondered if a 1.9tdi would fit into the car with out changeing the gearbox? the car is a 2.0 140bhp engine on a 2006 anyone have any ideas ??? also how do i find out my engine code? any help greatly received!!

No it won't, the 2.0 and 1.9 only share the PD name, they are totally different engines to each other, and even if it would physically fit it won't work without all the ecu mapping being changed as well, do yourself a favour, take it apart and sell the pieces, in running order the car is worth no more than 4k, you will spend more than that and end up with a car that still doesn't run, ask Skodanut about the pump and repair prices if you need proof, do not buy anything VAG 2.0 from 2003 - 2008/9, you've been warned.

lmao i had the same changed the oil pump the pump was £130.00 i found the hexegon shaft rounded of and my turbo went as well got a recon for £295.00 got a independent garage to fit it it aint that hard if u got the right tools i spent the day and watch him