Removing Vrs Spoiler

I have read the Vrs rear spoiler is both bonded on and bolted.

Is there any issues removing it with it being bonded on? Does it take any paint off the boot? Any tips for removal?

What do you want to remove it for?

As with most Skodas my spolier has lost its laquer.

If you didn't want it, why didn't you buy a different car & tune it?

Eh?? Happy with the car thanks.

• Like 2

+1, my vRS spoiler looked like it had been painted on a windy beach so I had my local Skoda dealer paint it for me. It cost me £100 but it looks mint now.

They didn't remove it though so it can be done in situ.

Its ok its off now. Thanks for the replies guys.

Bonding was not tight, bit of ipa on and jobs a goodun.

Had 4 quotes from local body shops, all asked between 60 an 80 if removed. So its off ready for painting.

I'm considering looking at having mine removed due to practical issue. Brought a rear mounted bike carrier when I had the fabia but now can't fit it as it rubs on the spoiler. Can't use a roof mounted carrier due a pacemaker implantation. Got to be careful lifting above head height so the risk is not worth it. I see there are 2 fixings screws on each side but as some has mentioned, is the spoiler bonded to the boot as well?

Yeah bonded also. Mine came of easy enough though. Obviously have 4 holes left in your boot if removed..

Thanks. Just trying to keep my options open. How big are the holes going be. The bike carrier just barely touches the spoiler but it can rub against on bumpy roads/ tracks. Might see if I can get away with putting rubber gasket under the bike carriers arms

Guess holes are 6mm or less, looks like M4 bolts.

The bonding is minimal looking at it on the bottom of my spoiler.

Bit of paint rub from the spoiler though.

I'm sure I've seen carriers which wont touch boot spoilers....

The one I got is the saris bones 3. Good carrier. Thought be future proof but will look at adapting it. Only need 10mm clearance of the spoiler

Had to get mine painted too weeks ago, also these spoilers seem to attract chips easy too.

Never taught of getting onto Skoda to see if it was covered although prob not on a 4 and a half year old car.

Had to get mine painted too weeks ago, also these spoilers seem to attract chips easy too.

Never taught of getting onto Skoda to see if it was covered although prob not on a 4 and a half year old car.

But paint warranty is 10yrs isnt it?