Springs and shocks or coilovers -

nothing much to add that i didn't already say in my post above and the weitecs I have are pretty good for the money, but i often wonder how the more expensive kits would have performed, so for me, i'd say spend the money and go bilstein.

having said that maybe if i'd spent the cash on a top dollar kit i'd be sitting here wondering if the cheaper kit would have performed the same and saved me some cash..

:p

This is what I am thinking too - I wonder how much better a Bilstein B14 kit would be or if I am better off saving my money. Most of the aftermarket springs won't give me the drop I want (35mm) so I am thinking if I am buying springs and shocks, should I just buy coilies? Is it worth buying Inox over V1, is it worth spending north of £800 to get a set that are that MUCH better.

Oh and I'd also like pics of the car on B8s and H&Rs, altough if it's an SE the drop is likely to be vRS -20mm territory.

Edited by j0hn

Oh and I'd also like pics of the car on B8s and H&Rs, altough if it's an SE the drop is likely to be vRS -20mm territory.

My car is not VRS. It's 1.8 tsi. I shall try to do pics.

Thought I'd made my mind up by now! I think if I was going to go for V1s, they would have to be the Inox, in which case I would rather spend the money on the Bilsteins but am still considering the Weitec GTs from a cost perspective.

Suspension; it's a very personal thing. Which makes gathering useful info from the internet and car forums quite tricky. As you're probably finding :)

What's comfortable and compliant for one person, is a potential nightmare for another. And then you bring into the equation the types of road you use on a daily basis....

If you're set on going lower than a sports spring can offer, than I'd say go for the Bilstein B14 kit you've been contemplating.

Having ran a set of V1 Inox on the Octy, if I were going for the coilover route again I'd fit the B14s.

Am I the only owner to fit a coilover setup, then remove it in favour of a fixed height 'sports' spring/damper setup? Quite possibly! :)

Thought I'd made my mind up by now! I think if I was going to go for V1s, they would have to be the Inox, in which case I would rather spend the money on the Bilsteins but am still considering the Weitec GTs from a cost perspective.

If you're going to be anywhere near oxford then give me a shout if you want a ride in mine to check out the weitecs.

Thanks Rob, I won't be down your way unfortunately. I just need to make my own mind up whether the B14s are actually worth the extra £300

Wardy I'd definitely look at a fixed height spring/shock setup if I could get the requisite drop.

Wardy I'd definitely look at a fixed height spring/shock setup if I could get the requisite drop.

Know what you mean. I'm quite happy with the ride height on my Eibachs. But everyone's different :)

• 5 years later...

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy the B14s and get it shipped to India.

attached is the current look of my octy..(Its the MK3 i believe.)

Is there any specific part number of B14s i should buy ?

Any reviews on the b14s would be really helpful.

Thanks

IMG_20171008_141041378_HDR.jpg

• Sponsor
On 18/03/2018 at 14:23, rkhshm said:

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy the B14s and get it shipped to India.

attached is the current look of my octy..(Its the MK3 i believe.)

Is there any specific part number of B14s i should buy ?

Any reviews on the b14s would be really helpful.

Thanks

IMG_20171008_141041378_HDR.jpg

If you PM us all your vehicle details we can get a price for you.

Damian @ DPM Performance