Mk1 Octavia vrs Mods

Hi there, I am after a bit of advice/experience.

My 04 vrs currently on 81K miles will be paid for by July 2012. I had a loan through Skoda finance.

I've had it since 32k miles, full Skoda history when I bought it. I have decided to keep it and hopefully run it a few years.

Based on what I know to be worn and reading on here I intend to do the following in August 2012:

Weitec Hicon GT's

New OEM Top Mounts

New OEM control arms and ball joints+nuts and bolts etc from Skoda

R32 Front ARB

Rear bump stops

Rear beam bushes (maybe Fabia VRS)

Eventually I'd like to get a stainless exhaust and a wheel refurb, and a remap. Before I do that I need to allow for the cambelt to be changed (again) with waterpump and for maybe a clutch change.

Is there anything else people suggest? Given the Front ARB I imagine I need a rear ARB, which one?

Cheers

If you put the R32 ARB on, you will need to put a 28mm one on the rear beam, otherwise the car will understeer more than it does already. If you are going to change the front one, get new droplinks too, as the old ones may have play in the ends and the nuts may be seized.

Also, if you are planning a remap, a poly bogbone mount is worth doing as it calms down the wheel hop that the standard mount can create.

Before you get a remap check all your vac hoses as well as by that age and mileage I'm willing to bet at least one of them will be split, or will split after a remap. Also if it's still on the original coils pop it back to the dealer and get them all replaced for free under the recall.

Thanks for all the replies. A remap and exhaust probably won't be on the cards for a while. Exhaust first I think.

So to complement an R32 front ARB I'd be looking at a 28mm rear? I'd also look at an S3 lower strut brace and maybe an upper one as well

And as for drop links, will OEM ones be ok?

I will do some more searching on here I think there is obviously loads of info about what setups people have been running etc. Either way once it has been done my car should be night and day different even without a remap!

Edited by thebrasso

I had coilovers, topmounts and an ARB fitted on mine when it was around 120k miles and the suspension was shot and like you say it totally transforms the car. You can put the power down a lot better as well as with the coilies on it doesn't push the back down and the front up so much when you boot it. With suspension and brakes upgraded theyre damn good cars even with the standard power.