East Sussex Meet - Brighton 22nd April

Well it looks like Brighton just edged the poll for the East Sussex meet.

The meet will be on Sunday 22nd April, I'm thinking meet late morning and drive into Brighton and find somewhere for fish and chips (any suggestions anyone? Maybe somewhere along the coast a bit?). I was going to suggest meeting at Pease Pottage services on the M23 but those of you coming along the A27 from east or west could just meet us in Brighton.

Please copy and add to the list if you're coming:

1. chicken_eyebrow

The meet will be on Sunday 22nd April, I'm thinking meet late morning and drive into Brighton and find somewhere for fish and chips (any suggestions anyone? Maybe somewhere along the coast a bit?). I was going to suggest meeting at Pease Pottage services on the M23 but those of you coming along the A27 from east or west could just meet us in Brighton.

1. chicken_eyebrow

2. Johhny5

Ok im up for this.... Theres a couple of good fish and chip eateries..... Either The Regency Fish Bar or Harry Ramsdens!

Both are very good however, the Regency is a little on the pricey side compared to HR's.......

Lets hope for some good weather?

J5

Edited by johhny5

Posted Today, 20:37

1. chicken_eyebrow

2. Johhny5

3. Beryl's Chief etc...

1. chicken_eyebrow

2. Johhny5

3. Beryl's Chief etc...

4. V6TDI

New to Skoda and not been to any events yet, so it'd be good to make some acquaintances.

Not wishing to drag anyone eastward, but if it's a good day, the coast road's nice and I'm happy to recommend a chippy in Eastbourne.

Gaz

Sounds good, I was down at East Dean the other week and it's a very nice part of the countryside. Think a chippy somewhere out of Brighton would be nice, it can be a bit manic on the seafront there (and a pig to find parking!)

Sounds good, I was down at East Dean the other week and it's a very nice part of the countryside. Think a chippy somewhere out of Brighton would be nice, it can be a bit manic on the seafront there (and a pig to find parking!)

And the seagulls have been trained by the dam busters!

• Like 1

I will, IF my car is still alive by then, had a front coil snap the other day, so i have drastic surgery to perform along with replacing the subframe, i will be selling this fabia soon! :( just a matter of when. but if i do still have it ill be up for coming along!

Thats very true..... Theres always Rottingdean, about 3miles outside of Brighton city centre to the east, and smugglers f&c shop is there right on the beach, always used to be very nice, mind you I havnt been for a while now! (would be a bonus for me as only about 2miles from Home too ;)

• Like 2

had a front coil snap the other day, so i have drastic surgery to perform along with replacing the subframe, i will be selling this fabia soon!

Not having much luck with that car! :(

Sounds like the previous owner/garage had a lot to answer for though from what you were telling me.

Thats very true..... Theres always Rottingdean, about 3miles outside of Brighton city centre to the east, and smugglers f&c shop is there right on the beach, always used to be very nice, mind you I havnt been for a while now! (would be a bonus for me as only about 2miles from Home too ;)

Sounds good! I'm down at the marina fishing on Friday so will have a scout out on my way back to Kent.

Yeah, I'm up for the Rottingdean chippy.  The Sovereign Fish Bar in Eastbourne is great, but I'm also a stalwart believer in the law of sod.  If there'll ever be a day they get a duff batch of taters, it'll be on the 22nd April after a recommendation from me!

Gaz

So far we've got

1. chicken_eyebrow

2. Johhny5

3. Beryl's Chief Pilot and Taylor93

4. V6TDI

5. possibly AdLav

6. possibly vRSROB

Any more for any more?

Shall we say meet in Pease Pottage services at 10:30am, or those that are coming from down that way meet the rest of us at the Marina in Brighton at 11? Then we'll head to Rottingdean chippy.

Even though im already down this way, I will still meet you guys/gals at Pease pottage services.... Let me do a rekky on the smugglers F&C shop 1st before we defo agree to go there cos someone told me they are now shut on a sunday! Aparently they only open sundays in the summer months! Plus another thought ive had is that parking isnt too great at the moment as they have been working on the car park (resurfacing it)

I will post again within a few days to confirm......

This will be my 1st briskoda meet too.........

J5

Even though im already down this way, I will still meet you guys/gals at Pease pottage services.... Let me do a rekky on the smugglers F&C shop 1st before we defo agree to go there cos someone told me they are now shut on a sunday! Aparently they only open sundays in the summer months! Plus another thought ive had is that parking isnt too great at the moment as they have been working on the car park (resurfacing it)

I will post again within a few days to confirm......

This will be my 1st briskoda meet too.........

J5

Good scouting! Local knowledge always helps. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Ok it's not far away now! This Sunday!

Still meeting at Pease Pottage at about 10:30 then will head down to Brighton and aim to be at the McDonalds/Asda carpark by the marina at about 11. Then head to Rottingdean or somewhere else along the coast where theres a chipshop :thumbup:

Simon - I'm staying over in Kemsing on Saturday night so could meet you and Taylor in Clacketts services if you like? Or we can all go in the Feli if Beryl/Cyril aren't playing ball?

Saw on last nights south east news, about Brighton Council putting up the cost of parking, make sure you got £20, as that what its going up to from its current £4.

So look out for the man on the horse wearing a mask,cape & pointing a pistol at you :swear:

I might come over to Pease Pottage too, just coz I like the idea of the run down :-)

Brove Council are arses - I blame Fat Boy Slim or Chris Eubank!

As a slight aside, I don't suppose anyone coming has got a set of keys to remove a Skoda DX HU by any chance?  Only I've just taken delivery of an XCarLink iPod interface and just need to pop the HU out.

Pretty please?

Gaz

LOL I'd take it on track if it had 4 new tyres and some brakes that actually worked! Meet you at Riverhead Harvesters then about 10ish :thumbup:

Yeah, Feli brakes don't really do they? :wonder:

Ok Riverhead Harvester it is then. do you wanna car share to save fuel? Taylor is coming so 3rds will be cheap as chips............ :rofl:

• Like 1

Ok guys n Gals...... Ive done some scouting today (and no not the dib dob type) The smugglers chippy is open on a sunday from 12 - 3pm, so we should be ok for that if we all agree thats where we want to go????? Car parking maybe another story though :( There are 3 car parks near to the chippy.... 1 right outside but only room for about 10 cars....... The one on the other side of the road, thats bigger but will be busy i would think, or the 3rd one which is up the road a bit to the east, would have thought there would be spaces in that one and i dont think we will need to keep a £20 note by to pay for it either! Anyways, I will give mine oct a run up and meet you at pease pottage on Sunday mornin! J5