Eibach lowering springs

I am having Eibach pro springs fitted after Easter.

Is it necessary /recommended to change the top mounts at the same time the springs are fitted?

Interested to find out if others have replaced these/or kept originals. Car is 2009 and done @ 36000 miles.

Also do most people fit wheel spacers?

Any comments assistance appreciated.

Edited by firestormwest

I have Eibach pros with koni FSD dampers and never changed the top mounts. The car was only a day old though when I had them fitted.

I have 15mm hubcentric spacers on the rear to make the wheels fill the arches and give a better stance. It also feels more planted with them on. I've never bothered with them on the front as you need 10mm ones which are difficult and expensive to source. Some manufacturers withdrew them as they can be prone to cracking around the hub part as the metal is too thin.

I've got Eibach pro's fitted on std shocks.Just done over 60K on 'em (mainly motorway miles). Top mounts in my experience are probably good for 60K. If you stick to original shocks you will find it bouncy on country roads and if you don't shorten the bump stops you will bottom out (especially if you've got 2 large adults in the back!!) which can be fun/dangerous!!! I'm now just about to replace shocks/springs and top mounts. However I will not be going down the FSD route...Bilsteins for me :)

I've got Eibach pro's fitted on std shocks.Just done over 60K on 'em (mainly motorway miles). Top mounts in my experience are probably good for 60K. If you stick to original shocks you will find it bouncy on country roads and if you don't shorten the bump stops you will bottom out (especially if you've got 2 large adults in the back!!) which can be fun/dangerous!!! I'm now just about to replace shocks/springs and top mounts. However I will not be going down the FSD route...Bilsteins for me :)

B8 or B4?