APR 1.4tsi intake

so APR have just posted a big list of new parts on facebook that they have launched, probably the most releevent to us is this http://www.goapr.com/products/intake_vwr_14tsi_twin_trans_vaga5.html a new intake for the 1.4tsi (althought battery mods will be needed). just thought i would post this incase anyone is intrested in going down that route :)

i belive that could be the same intake VRsy uses?

It is one and the same. For me to fit mine i had to fit a braille battery. The issue with this is the battery drains if left un used for more than 7 days.

Jammy Dodger has got one for his vRS and is about to fit it with his larger braille battery. His battery is twice the size of mine, whilst still being half the size/weight of the stock battery so he'll have a lot more batery life. Ill get him to post pics up when he does it. Think he said he was doing it today.

iam starting to relocate the Batterie into the Boot in the next few week with OEM VW polo 6r Parts, should work nicely.

My car guy said its only 45-60 minutes work including all the cable work .

HOw many hours labour are you expecting and how much for all the parts?

Cheers for the links :)

Im going to buy a green cotton filter and build my own enclosure.....it wont be pretty but itl hopefull work.

A few of the guys at works mate owns a motorsport garage so il get him to RR it to check for gains :)

HOw many hours labour are you expecting and how much for all the parts?

cable work is done by my E-Guy, he usualy onyl does High end audio builds.

The parts iam using are those. (allready confirmt from other german Forums that the build just works fine)

1x Batteriekonsole GTI 6R0804869 ~60€

1x Zusatzverstärkung 6R0801981 ~15€ (Frame)

1x Leitungssatz+ für Batterie hinten 6R0971227 ~80€ (+ Cable)

1x Leitungssatz- für Batterie hinten 6R0971226A ~25€ (- Cable)

+ with the Batterie in the back you can remove the Weights in the rearbumper with less handling issues.

batteriehalter-deus-violentia-65448-1904.jpg

Edited by fabianoh5n1

Fab any chance u could post how this goes? Due to my dad working for a vw garage i have access to cheap parts quality labour at weekends so i reckon i could get that done for not too much :)

Sy im going to use a filter rated upto 350hp+ and try variuse cold air feed postions when its on the dyno to see of theres any air pocket type places

It is one and the same. For me to fit mine i had to fit a braille battery. The issue with this is the battery drains if left un used for more than 7 days.

Jammy Dodger has got one for his vRS and is about to fit it with his larger braille battery. His battery is twice the size of mine, whilst still being half the size/weight of the stock battery so he'll have a lot more batery life. Ill get him to post pics up when he does it. Think he said he was doing it today.

I had it all set up, ITG and Braille battery installed. But I wasn't happy with it, the ITG filter was pushing on the positive terminal / fuse box.

So I've stripped it out and put the standard battery and filter back in. FOR THE TIME BEING!!! >>>>>>>>>>

cable work is done by my E-Guy, he usualy onyl does High end audio builds.

The parts iam using are those. (allready confirmt from other german Forums that the build just works fine)

1x Batteriekonsole GTI 6R0804869 ~60€

1x Zusatzverstärkung 6R0801981 ~15€ (Frame)

1x Leitungssatz+ für Batterie hinten 6R0971227 ~80€ (+ Cable)

1x Leitungssatz- für Batterie hinten 6R0971226A ~25€ (- Cable)

+ with the Batterie in the back you can remove the Weights in the rearbumper with less handling issues.

batteriehalter-deus-violentia-65448-1904.jpg

How's your battery relocation going? I've just ordered the parts today. I want the finished result to be OEM quality, so this is the way to go for me.

yes you can order this one also, but there is no need to.

actualy there is alot additional stuff you could use to make it fit perfect.

also depending if you still would use your spare wheel or not

6R0 804 869 B Batteriekonsole (Laderaum) 58,61€ 1x

6R0 801 981 Zusatzverstärkung (Laderaum) 15,17€ 1x

DH 009 100 A2 1K-Fensterscheibenklebstoff, 180ml 15,41€ 1x

(6K0 803 219 Klemmleiste fuer Batterie (Motorraum) 2,68€ 1x)

6X0 959 502 A Klemmleiste fuer Batterie (Laderaum) < 6€ 1x

6R0 802 717 B Haltebügel fuer Batterie (Laderaum) 16,60€ 1x

8K0 804 899 Schraube fuer Reserveradbefestigung fuer Fahrzeuge mit platzsp. Notrad 6,19€ 1x

8K0 803 899 Schraube fuer Reserveradbefestigung fuer Fahrzeuge mit platzsp. Notrad 5,00€ 1x

6Q0 803 899 A Schraube fuer Reserveradbefestigung bei Bedarf kuerzen 5,24€ 1x

6R0 971 227 Leitungssatz + 84,13€ 1x

6R0 971 226 A Leitungssatz - 24,10€ 1x

N 100 988 11 Sechskantschraube, selbstsich., M6x16, fur Zusatzverstärkung 0,36€ 3x

N 101 092 10 Sechskantbundschraube, M8x30, für Klemmleiste und Bügel 0,54€ 5x

N 106 893 01 Zylinderschraube, Innenvielzahn, M8x25 0,58€, zum verschr. der Konsole an R.r.mulde 1x

Thats every single part including glue, screws .....

img_3592.jpg

Edited by fabianoh5n1