Alternative/equivalent to vRS

Just been searching the used car market for something a bit newer but similar to my 54 plate remapped Fabia.

I've found three options in I) diesel ibiza cupra ii) remapped Citroen c2 vts hdi iii) Toyota avensis 2.2 d4d.

I like all three but not to the point that they blow my mind for one reason or another.

Any of you guys have opinions on my choices or offer me alternatives I haven't considered yet?

Cheers all

I'd steer clear of the Toyota. Driving wise the 4 or 5 modern toyotas I've drive 2 yaris 1 auris 1 verso and a Prius. They are aweful feed back is shocking handling is poor at best gearbox is awful. All of them the brakes were terrible peddle ver s

I'd steer clear of the Toyota. Driving wise the 4 or 5 modern toyotas I've drive 2 yaris 1 auris 1 verso and a Prius. They are aweful feed back is shocking handling is poor at best gearbox is awful. All of them the brakes were terrible peddle very soft.

Never driven a citroen due to being quite a big chap and I feel quite cramped in them when I've been a passenger.

Would not get a toyota I have 2.2d4d 150bhp avensis estate and it is very dull to drive drinks fuel and has had lots go wrong with it including having all four doors replaced due to rust and a complete engine replacement. Out of your list this is also a much bigger car than the fabia and other 2 cars listed (it is same size as a passat). Also you can not remap an avensis to increase performance only option is a piggy back tuning box.

Why are you looking to change? Do you need more room? If so why not an Octavia as it's a better drive than the Avensis, if it's because you just feel like a change then I can think of better ways of blowing a few grand than swapping a VRS for a Cupra or a VTS but totally up to you.

Slight **** up on my part. That should be auris not avensis.

Thanks for all the info to now. My thinking is.

Seat-expensive for the age

Toyota-done a lot of research and no one has a good thing to say about engine/economy etc

Citroen-it's a Citroen.

If I can't find anything that floats my boat in fairly economical diesels the only other things I like are Nissan 350s and Mazda 3 mps-obv with a massive insurance, tax and fuel increase

Ibiza Cupra pd160 remapped sounds like a nice buy, it's basically the same as the Fabia but I'd say they are less of them Ibizas about.

Also would be another sleeper which would surprise alot of other road users! ????

Just been searching the used car market for something a bit newer but similar to my 54 plate remapped Fabia.

I've found three options in I) diesel ibiza cupra ii) remapped Citroen c2 vts hdi iii) Toyota avensis 2.2 d4d.

I like all three but not to the point that they blow my mind for one reason or another.

Any of you guys have opinions on my choices or offer me alternatives I haven't considered yet?

Cheers all

Anything reasonably small (i.e. Golf sized) with a PD140 16V lump in it. Golf, Leon, Jetta, A3.....

For tuning potential look at Darkside Developments website.

Just don't expect it to be quite as thrifty on fuel as a 1.9PD TDI. Streets ahead of other opposition such as the Alfa TDIs though on the economy front. (ISTR 1.9 44MPG, 2.4 38 MPG).

J.

TBH the PD130 was the pick of the 1.9PD's in it's day, the PD140 BKD? probably being the closest match in the 2.0PD (avoid the dodgy balancer shaft issues and the oil pump fiasco) and I don't like the CR's at all. Personally (and remember i'm strange) i'd be more inclined to stick with what you have, buying anything else you seem to be looking at doesn't offer grater reliability, economy or any noticeable improvement in economy, it's simply different. Far better spend 2k on your car in repairs than loose it in depreciation on a significantly newer car over a year and still have the potential of doing work.

Cheers guys. I'm liking avalons thinking. My vRS runs nicely so why change something that's not broken. Specially as it seems from your opinions that the cars im looking at aren't too reliable in one way or another