Mk1 Octavia VRS woes

I brought a low mileage Mk1 VRS in January very soon after purchase had a boost leak which was rectified. It went to Skoda early February to have a cam belt fitted and within a week I had a eml light on when plugged in flashed up with camshaft position sensor and engine speed sensor faults. Before I could get it back to Skoda it went wrong the traction control light stayed on and epc on. I also had changed the mass air flow sensor from euro car parts which was a reconditioned unit which was also at fault as was bringing eml light on. But managed to get it to Skoda and on inspection from a previous cam belt it was out by a tooth at the crank. I put a genuine maf sensor on and also a turbo dynamics divertor valve and reset all codes and it went well for a few weeks but every so often epc and the traction control light comes on but if you lock and unlock it a couple of times they turn of. It also idles lumpy from time to time and when you start it up it revs itself but the needle doesn't move and idles around 1500 rpm then again it drops and rises . And now it seems to bring up different codes every time but recently some of the codes are voltage related I'm totally out of ideas now of what is going on if anyone thinks they may have a idea please share with me thanks.

Check the fuse box on top of the battery and make sure the cable coming in from the alternator hasn't fried itself, thats a common problem and if that happens you can get a lot of odd electrical issues.

Can you post up some of the fault codes?

• 8 months later...

Had loads of faults come up in diagnostics.i.e lamba sensor,coilpack and now saying throttle body.dnt no what to do.had recent throttle body by jabba sport.its mad how different faults keep occurring.im just not getting my car at the mo.had a alternator change last week.maybe this has something to do with it????but was getting different faults then.hope somebody can help.

deffo leccie related. your ecu is panicky because loads of things coming and going. either you have earthing prob or alternator related issues.

check battery voltages when engine running. see Hayes man for info. do the lights test

do you have error codes? (implausible signal?)

once leccie ok and if still lumpy after clean and reset of TB:

try disconnecting maf, it should settle.

got vcds?

deffo leccie related. your ecu is panicky because loads of things coming and going. either you have earthing prob or alternator related issues.

check battery voltages when engine running. see Hayes man for info. do the lights test

do you have error codes? (implausible signal?)

once leccie ok and if still lumpy after clean and reset of TB:

try disconnecting maf, it should settle.

got vcds?