Vrs brakes

Hi folks recently I have been finding the brakes on my vrs very soft. You have to push the pedal quite a way before the brakes bite. Is this normal or should I get it checked out.

Cheers

I would say get someone to check your brakes, if you have not checked visually your pads to see if they need replaced or the condition of the discs.

All a bit of a guess really since,

You do not say how old your car is or how many miles it has done.

Is it serviced and checked recently?

It may be needing pads & a Brake Fluid change.

george

Sorry good point. It is one year old, 8000 miles and got serviced on wednesday. I drove my sisters sirricco yesterday and when I pressed the brake pedal I almost went through the window, reall highlighted how poor my brakes felt.

Cheers

Is it a Fabia vRS or an Octavia vRS?

Is there just a bit of length to put the pedal down then it stand on its nose with a sharp brake, or is there a spongy pedal or something?

A Fabia vRS's brakes are pretty sharp, and IME there is no soft pedal before it bites.

I would get someone that knows the car you drive to try the brakes to see how they feel.

george

PS

my previously owned 'July 2010' vRS had badly Corroded & scored discs in November 2011 at 4600 miles,

these were replaced.

done 8000 miles now and the brakes would put you through the windscreen.

Edited by sk4gw

All that is good and well and if you what to spend and upgrade your brakes.

Fast or faster driving, track use etc.or just better performing brakes.

if you need replacement pads it is well worth buying better quality to suit your likes.

First off you need to know how your brakes are now with 1 year and 8000 miles. JMO

Check your pads yourself, check your discs yourself.

If the brakes are that poor that you have posted here,

get down to a MOT centre and ask the tester if he will do a brake test on your vehicle and see just how they are.

If there is a problem then get Skoda to pay the bill and have the brakes working well.Under Warranty.

If there is badly corroded discs like on mine they should have been pointed out on the service invoice.

When i bought the car, they thought i was going to accept them being Skimmed. lol

(Skoda did not replace them, the dealer did.)

When you know they are right and no warranty problem, then upgrade to your hearts delight.

Pay for the braking system you want.

But if others are doing your mechanicing, then maybe you better know what works as standard first before making something perform better.

JMO obviously.

Any chance you can get a drive of someone elses vRS.

Or go to some other Dealership and get a roadtest and see if the Demo cars brakes feel as bad as yours.

george

I like that plan with the demo car I will do that. I had a look at my pads and seem to be wearing away at an angle, the outside edge oc the pad much thinner than the inside edge of the pad. Is this normal.

Gav