Re map off

Just had my P Torque map removed from my Octy VRS cr diesel, after three years. I swear to god that the car feels NO SLOWER. Worse still after three years of driving with the map on paying increased premiums I might even say it feels smoother and better back to standard.

I also had my car on a rolling road at a well respected tuner six months ago and it was showing 185 BHP.

Complete waste of 350 quid. Shabby.

Are you sure you haven't any other underlying issues that were being accentuated by the map?

I've no affiliation whatsoever to Will & P-Torque but you are the first person i have ever come across to say anything bad about P-Torque. Granted they are not the most prolific tuner out there but all the work i have seen they have done has been very good and everyone has been happy.

You sure they didn't just tweak the map for you :D

Are you sure you haven't any other underlying issues that were being accentuated by the map?

I've no affiliation whatsoever to Will & P-Torque but you are the first person i have ever come across to say anything bad about P-Torque. Granted they are not the most prolific tuner out there but all the work i have seen they have done has been very good and everyone has been happy.

You sure they didn't just tweak the map for you :D

It was a stage 1 map. Funny thing is I remember thinking at the time that the car did not feel much different, but convinced myself that it was ok. Classic case of ' Emporers' new clothes' and I fell for it.

Very odd indeed, not happy about this. I rang him after I had my car rr'd, something about needing a four wheel drive rolling road.

I remember now, it was something about my car being dsg. Still had it checked elsewhere though. On a front wheel drive dyno. I also checked with other tuners without four wheel drive dyno's and they could do it.

My Car is DSG and Dyno's no problem on a FWD Dyno. Must have caught him on an off day. Have you spoken to him about it since the map was removed?

No, I haven't. Mainly because I wanted to drive it for a few days before I was sure it was no different. Bad news for Will. It ain't and I shall tell him.

No, I haven't. Mainly because I wanted to drive it for a few days before I was sure it was no different. Bad news for Will. It ain't and I shall tell him.

To be fair if the map only gave 185bhp and it's likely as standard it gives a bit more that 168bhp then I'm not really surprised it doesn't feel much different.

My old CR made 204bhp after remap and that made a noticeable difference but not like going stage 1 on a tsi which is a massive difference.

Edited by Guest

This is definitely odd and not something I'd expect from a stage 1 map on a CR. After leaving Shark an getting onto an open non-cashextractorcam ridden road I found the difference to be huge and I wondered how I'd lived with it as standard for so long as in standard guise the car is underpowered in my opinion. Too heavy and not enough torque to pull it along.

185bhp is nowhere near what you'd expect as has been stated which is normally around the 200 to 210 mark - did the RR you have done give any torque figures too? Think standard is 258ft/lb and post remap is around 315 - something like that. It's torque that you feel, especially when you map a diesel, it should be the most noticeable factor.

• Like 1

Strange, I do know if you have a Revo map and disconnect the Battery it reverts to original settings, ( apparently to stop it being copied) so needs to be reflashed. Could be similar? flat battery or disconnected :happy:

I have a Revo stage2 and had a flat battery and no, nothing is able to overwrite the map without a reflash tool, so the remap does not magically disappear if no battery ;)

We tune a huge amount of the CR engines, as well as much more complicated ECU's/engines. Im sure a hardware issue must have been present.

205 - 214hp is normal which should be very obvious.

I can't remember back we've tuned 1000's of cars since, but I'm sure there would have been a genuine reason for not putting the car on the dyno.

After 3 years, I think it says it all.

At the OP

Has your car been flashed by the dealer at any point during a service, or as mentioned has the battery been off for a period of time that has possibly caused the map to revert to stock?

• Like 1

Can I just say that I have just called Will and he was entirely fair with me about this, and he has offered to try and resolve the matter. He has offered to sort this quickly too.

I went to him in the first instance because he had a good reputation, In hind sight I should have spoken to him before I started this thread.

With that in mind, my apologies to Will.

• Like 2

I have a Revo stage2 and had a flat battery and no, nothing is able to overwrite the map without a reflash tool, so the remap does not magically disappear if no battery ;)

The map is still there but settings ,ie boost and fuelling revert to normal settings( standard car ) after the car has had the battery DISCONNECTED ( not sure about it being flat ), trust me the difference was staggering, reflashed for free

Not sure it has happened in mine as i swapped the battery for a new one as battery was dead for a few weeks in the car. I have the Revo SPS to reflash the stage2 map thought. Maybe someone from Revo could enlighten us ;)

Edited by CEPi

Can I just say that I have just called Will and he was entirely fair with me about this, and he has offered to try and resolve the matter. He has offered to sort this quickly too.

I went to him in the first instance because he had a good reputation, In hind sight I should have spoken to him before I started this thread.

With that in mind, my apologies to Will.

I'd guess your car has been flashed by the dealer at a service or whatever- also there may be underlying problems

My car was putting out poor power figures for a Ptorque remapped car- but it had a clogged dpf as I had done 95,000 miles- none of which is PTorque's fault.

The map is still there but settings ,ie boost and fuelling revert to normal settings( standard car ) after the car has had the battery DISCONNECTED ( not sure about it being flat ), trust me the difference was staggering, reflashed for free

I had a Revo map on my old Mk1 vRS. Battery was regularly disconnected for security reasons and the map never 'disappeared' and i've never heard of this before either. Also the boost was always the same (boost gauge in front of my eyes)both pre and post battery disconnection.

Car often sat for over a week with battery leads off.

When my diverter valve split, I was not sure it was this, so had dissconected the battery, when awesome gti put a new one I said it is still not right , they said have you dissconected the battery if so will revert to stock, they reflashed and was like POWER again. When I bought a new battery from eurocarparts, I put it on in Awesomes car park , then they AGAIN reflashed for free, I cant say about you guys, but this is my experiance