Clutch question

Cheers. Getting a stage 1 map done on car on 3rd I had a zafira 1.9cdti and got that mapped and shortly after the dmf failed. Was wondering the likelihood of it happening with this one. If it does would you recommend g60/vr6 conversion and is it a strait swap? Thanks for info.

I've had a bit of judder from my flywheel since i've had it nearly 2 years ago.

I drive my car fairly hard when safe to do so but I do have mechanical sympathy!

The clutch has now just started slipping under full load up hills etc approx a year after mapping the car, so I'm upgrading to the Valeo single mass conversion kit which Euro Car Parts supplied me at £214 which is, as you say I think is a kit of just g60 flywheel, vr6 clutch with the mounting bolts..

I went to GSF first who said they'd do the valeo at £208 all in but after getting it home and checking it, it wasn't at all valeo but a cheap SolidACE or something.. Needless to say it went straight back as mis-sold.

But back on topic.. providing you don't always hammer the clutch and it is operating fine with no signs of wear there is no real reason as to why you would swap to single mass other than being unimpressed with the hit or miss feel of the DMF set up.. & Yes, as above your car does have a DMF fitted to it.

Edited by Lew_VRS