... and now the wait begins

vegit8

Took the plunge and ordered "Not" from George at Lookers as recommended by someone on here.

It will the "In house advisors" car to replace her 320d.

Great price (not quite as cheap as DtD) but at least I know exactly where its coming from.

George was excellent and very helpful and was keen to get us a good price.

Pretty standard config I guess

140 4x4 elegance in Steel Grey (or whatever they are calling it today)

with

Heated Front Screen

Front parking sensors

Tow bar prep

Variable boot floor

Tyre Pressure monitor

Radio upgrade

Mats and Flaps

I'll be contacting SUK and getting the 17" rims changed for the 16's

Hopefully the snow will hold off till december and after I can get the winter boots fitted

Thanks to everyone here who helped (inadvertently) guide us in the decision

Edited by vegit8

Good name - welcome to the Waiting Room! And good luck with the 16" wheels.

Likewise. I spoke to Mark Fox at SUK on Friday 20 April and he said that he would get back to me. He hasn't.

This was after he replied to my email suggesting, "I would strongly recommend speaking with your selling retailer so that they can amend your order accordingly – this isn’t something I can authorise as the wheels are not necessarily always freely available from the factory. The retailer would liaise with Customer Services if necessary."

I spoke to my dealer, in Cambridge, who was willing to give it a go but rang me back saying that Customer Services had said that the 16" wheels were available only on the Greenline.

TP made a couple of good points, including that it was up to SUK to request a Special Build, so I rang Fox. Before speaking to him I went through someone in Customer Services who mentioned that they had had these requests accepted. Fox then said the same before promising to see if he could get it sorted and would ring me back.

I'll give him a call tomorrow . . .

Chris

Oh you might be interested to know the new boss of SUK following Mr. Hazelwood step down to VW (effective 1st May), will be will be Alasdair Stewart, who's been promoted from Bentley ;)

At a guess his e-mail might be (if it follows the normal pattern) [email protected]

TP

Thanks, TP. I'll press ahead with my request, although I shouldn't be too worried if I get the smaller wheels or not. I just find it difficult to let an inefficient organisation get away with it . . .

Chris

p.s. I can see how it's easy to build your total of posts on this forum :blush: cb

I am getting my skoda order number on Monday and will be calling SUK on Tuesday. I'll try to contact will fisher, who has apparently arranged this for others here.

I'll keep you posted on progress

• 3 weeks later...

Wheels update .....

On the 8th May I emailed Mark Fox with my plea to have my order changed for the 16" Rims. I gave a number of reasons for my request.

By last Monday - 14th May, having been blanked by Mark, I thought I would try the SUK Customer services approach.

I explained my reasons for the change to the operative, who said she would go away and ask someone for guidance.

A little later she called back and said that it was not possible to change the rims for the 16" versions as I had placed the order!

She said that the dealer should have done it.

I reminded her that the 16's are not a stock option and the only people who could change the order were SUK themselves.

The Plumber had given me his order change confirmation code which I then quoted to her and also mentioned that a number of others on this forum had achieved the spec change.

This all fell on stony ground, I don't think that they are aware of this forums existence.

After pressing the point a little longer she told me that she would make a note on my order of the points I had made and escalate it to one of her supervisors - who would call me within 72hrs. That time is up today.

Whilst all this was going on i was PM'ing with threeshoes who is on a similar campaign.

He told me that he had recd a reply from Mark Fox that morning, regarding his Wheel change request.

Spurred on by this news I decided that I would send another email to Mark (assuming that Monday was his day for clearing emails). Guess what - its now weds and still no reply.

I sort of get resistance to step outside of the company line by the support telephonists, but to blatantly ignore emails is a pretty poor show.

Tomorrow I'll be back on the phone and asking for some answers (unless I get a call this afternoon, but i'm not holding my breath...)

Realistically, any change should be possible until a confirmed build date is put against your order, then it is set in stone as the appropriate components need to be ordered to arrive at the factory on a "just in time" basis. Up until that time it should be possible to change as the production line staff will just follow what is on the build sheet which goes with the car down the line. The build sheet will be made up of codes which correspond to the components to be fitted. In order to change the wheels fitted to your car it is just a case of changing the codes on the build sheet, the appropriate wheels will then be fitted.

Ian

Hi guys

D'you know, I am 41683 miles into my Yeti Elegance Ownership, and I am still DELIGHTED with a car that is the best I've ever driven, bar none.

The word of the weather comes to mind - "chill" - closely followed by the word applied to cancer sufferers an those who have to tolerate things out with their actual control.......... And it is an important point, despite being raised in a somewhat jocular place... That word is "ACCEPT". Also known as "put up with.........".

• Like 1

Having just lost a parent to Cancer, who most definitely did not want to "accept" or "put up with it" as freshacre so nicely put it. I adopted my mothers approach which was to face things head on, not give up until the last minute nor take the first, second ... knock downs without a fight.

I now have had my order modified so that "Not" will arrive with 16" feet...

Now it wasn't easy as others here will testify, eventually I managed to speak to Mark Fox, who has changed my order for me. I will get final confirmation on Thursday.

So you can now add me to the list of those that has (or will have) modified yeti's as far as rolling gear is concerned. :happy:

Edited by vegit8

Having just lost a parent to Cancer, who most definitely did not want to "accept" or "put up with it" as freshacre so nicely put it. I adopted my mothers approach which was to face things head on, not give up until the last minute nor take the first, second ... knock downs without a fight.

I now have had my order modified so that "Not" will arrive with 16" feet...

Now it wasn't easy as others here will testify, eventually I managed to speak to Mark Fox, who has changed my order for me. I will get final confirmation on Thursday.

So you can now add me to the list of those that has (or will have) modified yeti's as far as rolling gear is concerned. :happy:

Very pleased for you. Putting up a fight is always worthwhile, whatever the relative significance of the issue/situation. Too many jobsworths and naysayers around these days, and one of the pleasures of getting older is taking them on and b***er the consequences!

Perhaps I had better amplify my comments - as I am sorry to hear of your loss, and can absolutely empathise with you..... As a vet I deal with such matters on a daily basis. Not only that but I have lost my Father, in 2008, Mother in 2011, and wife of only 2 years in 2009, to cancer, so I reckon that my "philosophy" has pretty solid foundations.

My meaning really is that life is met by three questions. First " Is there a problem?" Then, if there IS - "Does it matter?". [This because some "problems" are so trivial.....} and thirdly, if there IS a problem, and it DOES matter - the KEY then is "What are you going to DO about it?".

So many people rail against things that are not important in the big picture, and about which they cannot hope to make a difference - hence the concept of acceptance, and wasting no more energy on something futile. However - if you CAN make a difference - then Jeez - you GO for it, hammer and tongs.

I guess the trick is to realise which is which. [and I apologise quite seriously if this caused upset or distress to anyone - that was not the intention.]

• Like 3

Wooo hoo!!

Mark Fox from SUK called this afternoon to confirm 16" feet will be supplied.

Also gave me a build date of week 38, which is a few weeks earlier than first thought, but there is time for slippage I guess.

Mark also said that SUK are hoping to make the 16" wheels a dealer option soon, in the meantime he is happy for anyone who wants that option to contact SUK and he will arrange for it to happen...

Congratulations, and welcome to the TP/Expatman UK 16" Special Build Club. Let's be charitable and say that SUK are 'responding to a market opening' rather than 'bowing to pressure' - whatever, it's good that the option is now in the open. I wonder if this will be officially notified to dealers or if it will only be Briskoda forum members who know about it.

(It's about time for me to start having a word with my dealer - almost eight weeks since they took my order so they should have a Build date by now. Mark Fox said that the 16" wheel option wouldn't affect the delivery time but I don't know the current DSG production situation.)

Dealer options often mean extra cost, whereas the factory fit 16" has been a free 'upgrade' to date for those willing to perceiver against SUK's unreasonable objections. Not sure if cost is to be involved that's a real step forward in customer choice.

For a new order it should really be made a simple FOC option listed in the brochure for all customers, after all it only needs a coding input on the order sheet like any other option; it's not rocket science.

TP

For a new order it should really be made a simple FOC option listed in the brochure for all customers, after all it only needs a coding input on the order sheet like any other option; it's not rocket science.

TP

I think that's the approach that mark fox is hoping to adopt, his view is (now) that there seems to be sufficient demand for this, so it should be an option for all not just those of us that read about it here.

However I am not convinced that the next person who tries will have an easier task!

• 3 months later...

Here's hoping that there's a ship waiting!! :)

As you know we are aiming for a half term collection , so things are not too bad at the moment, we have some leeway.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Next step to happiness achieved.

SWMBO Beemer went on its way yesterday.

So I'm now stuck with 2 wheels(dodging the rain) for the rest of this week, as she needs a car for work... :wonder:

Oh, and yes "Not" does indeed have 16" Feet....

• Like 1