Vrs issues/problems

I have a 56 plate petrol vrs & I have a couple of issues that are starting to bother me a little, so just wondering if any1 has had similair problems or know what might be the problems.

Firstly, when the car is idle at traffic lights for example, the engine appears to almost judder. This isn't all the time, just randomly. The revs don't drop or rise, they stay at 750.

Secondly, the car is appearing to take a while to turn over, 3-4 seconds maybe which seems forever. Appears to be only when cold, mainly in the mornings.

Car is due a service in 1500 miles, could my issues be due to it needing this service sooner or does any1 have any comments that could point me in the right direction?

1 more thing regarding services, would spark plugs be changed or would this be an extra cost?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

No never did to be honest mate, however it only happens to mine on a cold start now ie first thing in the morning & that is only on the odd occasion, once its warm its fine.

I changed my ignition coils & spark plugs a few months back so not sure whether that has sorted it.

The very slight judder, almost like a gust of wind hitting the car. Mine has done it from new. I think it's just a character of the engine.

The time to start might be improved by a service or it could be an old battery needing replaced.

The very slight judder, almost like a gust of wind hitting the car. Mine has done it from new. I think it's just a character of the engine.

Is it? i was wondering this as well but i cant recall noticing it on others i had test driven.

Basically, you can feel yourself being moved about in your seat slightly.Sometimes its very slight, sometimes a bit more violent. Is that what yours does?

No, very gentle, no more than a shimmy. Only lasts a fraction of a second and I've only ever noticed it when I've been parked and idling. It's always the same, never varies in strength.

If you're being shaken in your seat then it's not what I'm describing.