Christmas update!

jonnynewns

just had a look on the internet and found a few on the b and q site which on did you pick?

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/power-tools/power-decorating/sprayers

so one of the above and 5 litres of matt paint does it?

Don't get one that has the motor built into it as it will be heavy get one with a separate motor.

You need about 10 litres or black plastdip and 10 litres of plastidip thinners as it has to be 1/1 ratio, I used 5 litres of each and struggled to to get 4 coats on. Ideally you need 5/6. I need to pull mine off and do it again at some stage as I'm not happy with the finish.

Mike,

I'm a bit of a perfectionist and to me 10 litres of 1/1 thinners and paint just isn't enough. I haven't taken proper pictures of the car as it's not complete so I'm going reveal it once the wheels are on and alike. Shock and awe!

Getting the car back at some point this week which I am excited about I miss the car!:D

Well in the mean time here is a picture of the engine bay as it stands. It needs more stickers but its getting there!

393345_10151228658262783_1536255569_n.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I went with plastidip for ease of removal plus it doesn't look like a halfords paint jobbie!

Well while the car is in the garage I've been busy trying to find someone that actually stretches tyres, finally found someone and they look rather good!

be8yvyva.jpg

To add to my misery I've just found out I have a slipping clutch and I need a new tip that is from a tt but is the right width for the hybrid system as the one that came with the turbo isn't strong enough! Now I have no idea what I'm looking for so any help would be appreciated it also has to be purple!ha

how have i missed this wow cars looking sick

Thats because you're busy building an tuning monsterous octavia's!! :).

Finally got the car back! it is epic, so happy with the stage 2 hybrid. it spools very nicely and brings the power on strong. the power has improved by 50% here is the proof off the liquid gauge. this was done in 3rd! 300 bhp or close enough its 240 in 5th :D.

IMG_1553.jpg

Managed to get myself a stage 2 clutch as well so thats all good with full bush kit to boot!

Yeah as its not 4wd 300 is about max for a daily driver. Already put a few people to shame with it.:) even more fun when its a skoda!

Well so many people have asked for it so here it is the matt paintwork in all its glory proper arty photos at the end of the month!3a2y5e6e.jpg

Another advantage to having a hybrid is the fuel consumption, correct me if I am wrong but with the new injectors and fuel stuff its either fubard the onboard computer or it is actually showing the mpg correctly. Mpg has gone up from 25mpg to 50mpg on my usual journey! This is now diesel territory I've never seen the car get anywhere close to this so I'm pretty stoked here is the proof!!

IMG_1562.jpg

Engine spec's are :

BAM injectors and fuel rail

4 bar fuel pressure regulator

Turbo Dynamics MD445 - Stage 2 Hybrid Turbo with 22psi

Forge FMIC

Custom stage 2 remap

Hehe thats the one that beats me, my strange way and mountain size ocd would drive me

Nuuuuuuuuuuts lol

Injector changes do cause porky pies :D

But to any that overlook it.... Awesome mate

Just awesome

Although i was once told by backdraft motorsport that they can recalibrate all that shizal :)

Cant wait to see them rims on

What width rim and tyre was it again mate ?

Edited by Lloyd55vrs

Gee, I've always been dubious about the mpg calculator tbh you end up watching that more than the road. I guess my joy was short lived as to it actually being true. Saying that I doubt it has been reading correctly since the day I got it!:)

Lloyd, your ocd would hate my car!. That sounds like to much of a hassle I'll just pretend I get super mpg until the tank says empty then blame it on the injectors.

They are 205/35/17 on the back and I didn't go stretching the front as 7" wide stretches look a bit naff but i think the front's are like 205/40/17 completely budget all round but as the so called traction control is now useless I end up spinning in 4th sometimes so will burn through a set pretty quickly!