no engine light

Hi all i have no light on dash board for the engine all the other light come on when you start up is there a bulb thats goosed or something else cheers

It not the glow plug light thats not working its the light that lights up the engine electronics function thats not coming on so can it be bulb in the dash cheers

Sorry gentlemen i read it wrong in hand book what a dip **** i am. Its the glow light thats not lighting up a start up

Guest BigJase88

Is this just on the diesel octavias!? As my diesel fabia had both glowplug light and check engine light! I know this as my egr delete brought on the cel

Sorry gentlemen i read it wrong in hand book what a dip **** i am. Its the glow light thats not lighting up a start up

That's the rather vague "somethings gone wrong" light and could be a number of things. Would be worth getting the car checked for fault codes.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Well been on phone to dealer i should have a engine light put through to parts can not replace led light you have to buy the whole thing at £ 500 sum thing pounds ha ha for a light

http://pix.ie/ziggy40/photos

can someone have a look at the picture i have attached tell me if i need to do a vag on it to see if the led light is working or not

cheers

stu

Edited by stu40

i need to give it a service it is flashing service when i took the picture. the dealer said i should have engine light on when key in position 2

i need to give it a service it is flashing service when i took the picture. the dealer said i should have engine light on when key in position 2

I think the dealer is talking rubbish, my car has the same lights as yours and doesn't have the CEL. Presumably the glow plus light comes on the rev counter.

yes i had to get my turbo rebuilt last year so i wondered if the light had come on then i might have got it checked be for it failed cost me £540.00 to get rebuilt :doh: