My New VRS, Advice on Servicing

post-87138-13366820294518_thumb.jpg

So I got my new vrs, 35k on the clock, pd170 diesel with cruise maxi dot and Xenons.

Just went and checked to see when the next service is due according to the maxidot, it's due now!

2 Skoda service stamps one at 14k and one at 28k in June 2011, I was expecting another 10 thousand miles out this before another service. btw it's on variable intervals.

Is it possible the computer wasnt reset?

How do I find out for sure when it's due, and how bad is it to continue driving the car, like what is the max I could do before it Really needs serviced?

Also while I'm here, what is the cambelt change intervals?

And, are the injectors a definite recall at no cost to me? How about the wind noise coming from the rear quarter window?

So I'm sorry for all the questions but rather get them all in a single catch zone

Probably got reset to fixed servicing (I.e. annual or 10k) so expects one in June 2012 regardless of miles, Skoda dealer has done this twice to mine now, I think they can't be bothered to plug the computer in so just reset it via the dash.

Cam belt is every 4 years, so now!

Injectors are a definite recall if it's a pd at no cost to you ( you may need to pay for a new loom though, circa £80 iirc)

Edited by Anddenton

Are you sure it is on variable? It clearly has been in the past but it looks as though its been reset to fixed at some point as 7,000 miles is way short of a typical variable service interval. It is possible to change it from variable to fixed by accident if you try and reset the service indicator yourself.

It won't do it any harm at all if you decide not to service it now, its gone 14,000 miles between services from new.

The cambelt intervals are a bit of a grey area as there is lots of different information on here and from dealers but the general concensus on the PD170 is either 60,000 or 80,000 miles (can't remember which) or 4 years whichever is reached first. Probably best to ring Skoda UK (08457 745745). I did and they told me the mileage limit.

Injectors are done for free, mention it when you ring Skoda (have your reg/VIN number to hand) and again they'll confirm it over the phone for you.

The rear quarter glass wind noise is a common complaint, plenty of fixes detailed on here - a quick serach will reveal them...

Def variable, says in the service book for the last two services, any other way to tell?

It's a late 07 flew to London to drive it back up to Nairn, that was a long day but that diesel lump just ate up the miles, loving the car.About the loom, is it really not included in the recall and why does it need changed, just trying to arm myself with as much information.

Edited by abarth_1200

Because lots of looms we're ok when sent back but for piece of mind it's worth the money as the looms can give problems.

I payed for my loom as if it went down the road it would cost more on labour , so while fitting is now free change it :)