Haldex oil change

Freshacre

When collecting after service today the service manager gave me advance notice that February next year the oil in the Haldex system would be due for a change. Apparently the workshop "system" flagged this up to the technician. Up till now I was unaware that it needs to be changed at some time. By then I will have done over 50k I suspect.

That then links with the second snippet of info. Chatting, as we usually do, the Sales Manager - and this might be sales patter, but I doubt it - warned me that the way second hand values of the Yeti are holding up will change when a car reaches 50k. This is because main dealers have to shunt higher mileage cars off into trade land as opposed to putting them on their own display for sale. With lead times for diesel 4*4s still at 6 months and as I am at 41k at the moment it certainly is making this Yeti owner pause for thought. Interesting. [Well - to me it is!!]

Hadlex oil was 40k, but I have seen on some cars it's now 3 years regardless of mileage which doesn't make a lot or sense to me.

Yes my Octy I 4x4 and Golf V TDI 4motion were both 40,000 miles or 4 years whichever came first, from recollection, however for the Yeti it's just every 60,000 km (according to the service book intervals schedule), so still roughly 40,000 miles but without the time element.

TP

I had mine changed by Marlborough Skoda in isleworth west london at just over 40,000 the surprise was what i thought a very reasonable price it was about £74.00 , this sort of pricing you dont mind following the srvice interval recommendations.

Peter