octy vrs the silver surfer.

fredbloke

hi all, im new here and have recently bought a octavia vrs mk1. really loving it things done so far remapped, powerflow exhaust, forge/samco silicon hoses, baileys recirculating dump valve and jabba sport induction kit. the car had a briskoda sticker on it, so i reckon it belonged to someone on here anyone recognise it?

the cars done 77k miles with full service history.

2012-05-11170709.jpg

2012-05-11191833.jpg

yea, really sounds great. few little things to sort. main one being the passenger side inner door handle doesnt work :/. but its so clean and in great nick.

seen you card lloyd, its amazing loving the carbon wrap

Guest BigJase88

Nice mods probably saved yourself around 750 there :)

I bought mine standard and have spent around 1k already on mods :(

yeah big jase, a remap is a fair wack on its own. going to have it on the rollers in the next month or so :)

lloyd, im a fair way away from there, but il see about local places

Edited by fredbloke

Welcome to the forum.. motor looks nice. :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum.. motor looks nice. :thumbup:

cheers buddy, its great ive had allot of vw's mainly old ones so its a big change.

cheers buddy, its great ive had allot of vw's mainly old ones so its a big change.

me to mate.. im a dubber at heart.. heres my last one.. i love em.

PIC REMOVED SO NOT TO HIJACK THIS THREAD

you will not be dissapointed with the vRS. im chuffed to bits with mine, i wish i got one before now.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So this is my old mk1 vRS :D :D :D

I had the car from 6 months old (1500 miles) and sold it to a guy who was a member on here in June / July 2006 on 38K miles.

At that point i had added the induction kit, polished inlet and newsouth gasket, Forge TIP and boost hose kit, Forge recirc, Jabba induction kit (which was the 2nd one sold to the public at the time), the bonnet lifters, the neuspeed front bumper grille set and the window tints. The B pillar vinyls were in the boot with the grille that was later fitted inside the drivers wheel arch for the side mount cooler when i sold the car, i never got round to fitting them. It also had a pioneer headunit, pioneer components in all 4 doors and a kicker amp n sub in the boot.

After me the lad that had it put the exhaust on and had it remapped. That was my plan once the car went out of warranty but i sold it on before i had the chance (change of job and a company car). I definitely wouldnt have sold it otherwise !

I used to have tons of pics of the car and some videos but lost them when my external HDD died... These are the only ones i have now.

vRSEngine.jpg

vRSFront1.jpg

vRSEngine2.jpg

As you can see i had a VRS private plate on the car which i actually let go with it... i think the lad who bought it put his own plate on and then removed that when he sold it on (to a woman in Nottingham i think) when it was then put back on the original plate i bought it on.

The Briskoda sticker was / is in the centre of the front bumper ? - at least it was when it was my ;)

Funny how i've just come back to Briskoda after being away for around 6 years and have now ordered a new vRS through the company car scheme !

I just noticed all the stainless / billet covers for the bottles, oil etc have been removed and put back to standard... shame as those werent cheap and really finished the bay off nicely.

The windows dont look tinted in some of the pics either, definitely not the back so this must have been removed or had new glass over the years.

See its still running the Sigma alarm i had fitted though, thats a CAT1 system thats integrated into the factory system so it runs off the original key fob - i didnt want a 2nd fob to clutter things up ;)

Never let me down though in the 3 and a bit years i had it. Good to see its with another owner whos a member and being looked after :D

Edited by Nigel26

its a great car, wish it had those billet caps still and the private plate :/. the amp and sump are gone too. briskoda sticker still there though :) i think the sigma alarm is disabled or at least i have never needed to put the code in, good thing really as i don't have it :S.

she's just done 80k miles the other day.

its a shame about those pictures etc would have been great to see.

its a great car, wish it had those billet caps still and the private plate :/. the amp and sump are gone too. briskoda sticker still there though :) i think the sigma alarm is disabled or at least i have never needed to put the code in, good thing really as i don't have it :S.

she's just done 80k miles the other day.

its a shame about those pictures etc would have been great to see.

You shouldnt need to enter the code for it... the key pad was just for enabling things like total lock down for when you have to leave the car overnight somewhere and other options. You should be able to find the manual for it online somewhere surely.

Yeah, real shame about the pics cause i had taken pics at every stage of the car from being new from the dealers to when it left my ownership.

Glad its still going strong though :D

ahh right i was wondering about the alarm, il look it up. im hoping the wires for the amp are still in there somewhere.

i am really enjoying the car though, and its quick im gunna have to go and have it dino'd at some point

• 6 months later...