Selling the 3litre convertible - But i will not sell the Fabia!

Decision made:

Despite the insistence from the wife for a massive 4x4 which would have cost £20k+ due to me landing a nice new job...

I cant understand wtf would be the point in selling the VRS. I'll be commuting by train so i will barely drive it, and she can run it herself. Its cheap to tax, insure, fuel and we can save a lot more money. Plus i will get feck all trading it in..

I am selling the sports car and we are running the MK1 VRS for the foreseeable future. No quibbles or buts!!!!!!!!

Any money we save can be put forward towards something else! Skoda Forever!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Now to tell the wife :whew:

Edited by Beancounter1980

Good choice. Unless you need a hulking great 4x4 of course. emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Are you selling the RRS too?

Yup thats gone too.

I went today to enquire about trading in the Fabia at Land Rover - I was offered around £3,000. In the current climate, just can't see the point in selling the thing. Must be getting old.....as being sensible is not something i usually do...

Wife is worried about Furby not standing up to damage if it were to be involved in a collision. Moreso, If we had a babby in the car, when the babby comes then i suppose we can make a better decision.

Nowt worse than pishing money away for no good reason yet....

Cheers for your input BossFox :thumbup:

Edited by Beancounter1980

Just think of all that money you are saving in depreciation. Must be quite a lot on a decent 4x4, not to mention the running costs! :D

After the Yeti my wife won't have a Range Rover again.

Yup thats gone too.

I went today to enquire about trading in the Fabia at Land Rover - I was offered around £3,000. In the current climate, just can't see the point in selling the thing. Must be getting old.....as being sensible is not something i usually do...

Wife is worried about Furby not standing up to damage if it were to be involved in a collision. Moreso, If we had a babby in the car, when the babby comes then i suppose we can make a better decision.

Nowt worse than pishing money away for no good reason yet....

Cheers for your input BossFox :thumbup:

In its class, the Fabia/Polo/ibiza has a good reputation, ISTR "...brick build **** hous..." was one comment from a member of the emergency services, I think "...tough little bu**ers..." was another....

Have to say though that design/technology moves on and maybe having a bigger crumply bit of metal around you can reduce any accelerations a body might suffer in a crash. In replacing it, maybe start with the Fabia's safety standard and look to get something with a better rating. I'm not sure exactly what info is available in the public domain though.

J.

I bought a MK1 Fabia for the Missus (1st Car, only the 1.4MPi), but I did so after reading the safety ratings etc. It'll be used for carrying my (currently 1, anytime now 2) kiddies, in conjunction with the main family wagon, my 2001 Astra. Safety rating was critical, as was low cost. Fabia fitted the bill nicely.

Then we added in a top-rated rear facing baby seat (I have a multitech in mine, it's too big for the Fab, so that has a Britax Max-Way in it), and I have no doubts about the safety. In fact, when the Astra dies...I have to say a MK1 Fabia is rather looking like a pleasant idea.