fuelpipe.jpg

Pipe with pin holes is the one arrowed .

Any problems with a simple change ( i.e does system need bleeding after etc) . `

Bump - come on guys- help needed

system shouldnt need bleeding after replacement,have you got a replacement pipe to go on,if not it might pay you to cover the exposed ends with something to stop the chance of any dirt getting in,while you make up or get another hose to fit in its place.

Edited by Jasons

system shouldnt need bleeding after replacement,have you got a replacement pipe to go on,if not it might pay you to cover the exposed ends with something to stop the chance of any dirt getting in,while you make up or get another hose to fit in its place.

Was looking to get a main dealer replacement hose, but no chance of dirt gettin in - the pipe is producucing enough output to stop any dirt getting in .

Engine is AMF .Stealer parts man says i's bonded due to pressure. In that case why the pipe clips .From Haynes, the system is low pressure at this point, so Im beginning to wonder .

As per last post,stealer ,him talk out of bottom of pants. Took off clips and pipe slid off . The only high pressure thing about was the twaddle messrs Lister Skoda ,Coventry talked today . Cured temporarly with a length of 8mm int pipe. Waiting to see if any good folks on here can supply. The origonal had a VAG sticker ,and ( I think ) ,a part no. Only difference between this and a bit of pipe was the pre formed bend. Can confirm systemdidn't need bleeding . And I'd suspect it in the return to the filter,as it pressurises up slightly ( enough to squirt out of hole) when ignition turned on .

• 11 months later...

About year ago I had this pipe leaking like VWD described. Was also told that you can’t buy that pipe alone and you need to buy complete set which was quite expensive. I bought ID 8mm Gates 3225 fuel hose and it lasted less than year. This hose is not rated for biodiesel but as far as I know I haven’t filled biodiesel. Original and this hose were both cracked from inside. Perhaps bend in so short hose is not a good idea.

Any idea what might be longer lasting solution to this? Perhaps bent metal pipe fitted with short hoses in both ends? or not.