Where have all the 1.2's gone?

Picked up the latest Octavia brochure from my local dealer yesterday, and I see that the Octavia 1.2's are 'stock only', just like the 1.9 tdi was a few years ago when they were phased out by EUV.

Does this mean for the 1.2

either:

that they are such a good motor that VW & Audi have snapped them all up to meet massive demand,

or:

that putting them in the Octavia was a big mistake,

or:

that it's part of the clear-out in anticipation of the Octavia III?

Come to that, why is the ancient 1.4 16V 80PS still available to order?

I think its just clearing out to prepare for Octavia 3. Since it will be a bigger car, they will probably not be putting the 1.2 in the new one. The ancient 1.4 is there for marketing so they can advertise a cheaper starting price for the range. I can't believe anyone actually buys one, the engine was bad enough in a Fabia, it must barely move the Octy!

Quite a few engines have been dropped including the popular 2.0 TDi 110PS and 1.8 TSi - all in preperation for the MkIII.

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

They will probably be back, it's just they don't want a bunch of Octy II's on back order when the III arrives. Hence why the models with the longer lead times are removed first. The Scout, for example, has been off the list for months.

I'd love to know what the Mk3 will look like. I was all set to get a new car next year but there isn't anything wrong with what I've got now. Going to sit back and wait.